You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Nfl Draft - Free Agency

PaSnow wrote:

Oh I'm pretty sure Elway was hoping to tank the season & get Luck. That's why he always remained reserved when speaking to the surprising season Tebow had.  Saying, well we won the game, but need some improvement in play, and well we'll take a look at the end of the season.  Why heck you just won 5 in a row after starting 1-3, you should be jumping for joy!!

Yeah, a friend of mine live near Atlanta & went to UGA.  The SEC seems completely upside down in that college football rules those states & cities. Pretty cool, different, but cool.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And also a lot of the southern states don't have pro football teams and the culture has just wrapped itself around college football. Falcons are pretty big. There's so much history with the Dolphins, plus Florida has three major college football teams that the pro teams can thrive pretty well with the Gator, FSU and Hurricane fanbases are pretty well split within the state. Floridians aren't tied to just one colege team.

And Randy Moss just signed a one year deal with the 49ers. And expect them to draft a WR early in the draft.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Dolphins just traded Brandon Marshall to the Bears. Now, I'm not upset about that... I'm furious they traded him for 2 3rd round picks. Bullshit.

Get a fucking 2. The guy is first round talent.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah, they traded two second rounders for him.  With the WR class weakened by Colston and Stevie Johnson resigning with their teams, I'd figure they at least get a 2 out of another team.  I don't think they'd get a first rounder as he has too many off field issues.

Either they go after another WR (cough VJax), rebuild from the ground up or are supremely confident that they are going to get Manning.  Otherwise the move makes little sense.

Great move by the Bears getting him on the cheap like that.  I think this does take them a bit out of the Mario Williams chase though as Marshall has a cap figure of 9 million.  Better move would be to go for Eric Winston who got released yesterday by the Texans.

Moss gets to face the Rams twice a year and stick it to Fisher for benching him in Tennessee.

Mario Williams is visiting BUF tonight.  Can't see him immediately signing there without visiting other teams (TEN, SEA, JAX, ATL and others).  Meachem is also visiting Buffalo.

Pierre Garcon in negotiations with Redskins (and Rams).  This will turn out well.  Or not.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Garcon signed with Skins for 8 million a year.  Apparently, Winston is visiting Miami.  Makes sense as he was a "U" guy.

Vincent Jackson about to sign with TB for a big amount.

Skins also about to sign Josh Morgan, former 49er.

Brandon Carr to visit Dallas.  I can't see Jerry not opening up the wallet for him considering he just dumped Terrence Newman.

Rams hosting a bunch of former Titans.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm really starting to think the Dolphins should just trade up with the Vikes and get Justin Blackmon. The WR market is now weak, with the big WR being Reggie Wayne (not shabby, by any means, but he's in his 30's) and next years WR class is going to S-U-C-K. The QB's will be better next year, also. Maybe just sign Brady Quinn for a year.

I don't know, this isn't looking too good.

Tampa is going to be friggin STACKED at WR though.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Texan's Tackle Eric Winston is meeting with the Dolphins. That would be a nice signing.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Robert Meachem (WR) looks to be headed to The Bills.

Brandon Carr (CB) going to the Cowboys.

EDIT: Meachem signed with The Chargers.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Welp, it looks like the Titans are real players for Manning. Bud Adams is rumored to have offered an executive position after he retires (think John Elway) with the gig.

It's either going to be:

The Bronco's
The Cardinals
The Titans

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Meachem played the Bills. Mario Williams seems to be taking them seriously though, and they've targeted Mario Manningham now too, although he's not the big stretch threat that they lack. David Nelson does a good job in the slot, which is where Manningham has had his best performances.

Excited to see Manning avoiding the AFC East. Miami must be going crazy. They're going to be left with no option but to overpay Matt Flynn, who could just be another Kevin Kolb. That team wants a QB. Cleveland looks like they'll be empty handed at QB.

Cowboys signing Kyle Orton is a quiet move that I really liked today. He's an excellent back-up for their situation.

Board footer