You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Nfl Draft - Free Agency

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Welp, it looks like the Titans are real players for Manning. Bud Adams is rumored to have offered an executive position after he retires (think John Elway) with the gig.

It's either going to be:

The Bronco's
The Cardinals
The Titans

I'm 99% percent sure that he's signing with the Titans.  They just brought in the doctor a few hours ago to examine him.  I've been keeping tabs of this online and this shit is getting insane.  In between fans checking in on flightaware to see when/where Bud Adams plane is leaving and now Manning gets a call from the governor of Tennessee asking him to join the Titans.

I just don't think he can say no.  His wife (and Eli's as well) is from Tennessee,  and they just hired one of Polian's sons, and they're offering him a post career front office position.  Add to that the state loves him and that insane old man has offered him a gazillion dollars.

This has got to be one of the better stealth campaigns to woo a free agent I've ever seen.  Either that or they're just good at shifting to plan B. 

On to the qb shuffle, assuming Hasselbeck gets dumped, he probably ends up in CLE.

Loser of the Flynn race probably drafts Tannehill. 

So the Dolphins had good reason to dump Marshall--he allegedly struck a woman in the face in NY.

They can still grab Michael Floyd with #8 if they want.  Dolphins resigned Soleai and signed Richard Marshall of Arizona.

Law firm (aka Ben Jarvis Ellis Green) was meeting with the Bengals.  I was kinda hoping they'd draft Richardson from Alabama.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I would LOVE for the Dlphins to get Floyd. But I won't be mad if they get Tannehill. I'm higher on Tannehill than most people.

Now the interesting thing is this:  Matt Flynn, the reports say, has realized he's not going anywhere to be a starter. The only team that's contacted him is The Seahawks and if he goes there (which I hope he does for the Dolphins sake) he's going to have to fight for the starting job.

If Manning goes to the Titans, Haselback is out and perhaps Jake Locker will be up for a trade. Either scenerio, The Browns will jump on it. This will allow The Dolphins to draft either Floyd or Riley Reiff and perhaps move up into the bottom of the 1st and pick up Tannehill.

Dolphins have done absolute dick in Free Agency except for resigning their NT.

What about LaRon Landry???? Get the beast, Miami!!!

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bills landing Mario Williams is a huge step forward for the franchise. Hard to understate how important that signing is for a market that's been NFL purgatory for a decade. There's been debates my whole life in Buffalo and across the country about whether or not the Bills care about winning (rumors swirl every year of Ralph Wilson and the management having parties to celebrate a top-10 finish in profit even as the team extends its AFC leading streak of missing the playoffs). This signing, with the deal for Stevie Johnson, and last season's deals for Fitzpatrick and Kyle Williams, shows that they want to win.

Williams also changes that defense entirely. The Bills were atrocious on D last year, but it all stemmed from a non-existent pass rush. Even sending 5 or more guys, we never got a hand on the QB unless he was a Redskin. But Kyle Williams is a pro-bowl nosetackle (injured most of last year), and Dareus still projects as an all-pro and showed signs of greatness as a rookie last year. Their impact as dominant interior linemen was diminished by the 3-4 scheme, now with the switch to 4-3 and the addition of Mario Williams, suddenly the Bills have the best D-line in the AFC East and maybe the conference. Last year the secondary looked horrible, but the safeties are good players, and the corners aren't as bad as they look - again, the pass rush is at fault. Williams will make them better too.

With a good draft and luck with injuries next year, the Bills should be fighting for a playoff spot in December for the first time since 2003.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Be careful, dude, with The Bills luck he might tear his ACL signing the contract.

Communist China

Yeah he might. Maybe he'll never play a snap. But it's still the most important signing the team's had in over a decade (since Bryce Paup probably). It'd suck for him to not make an impact on the field but I'd still be glad we did it.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I swear, if the Dolphins sign Flynn I'm done with them. If that's their answer then I'm done. I'd rather them pick up Brady Quinn for a year and draft Tannehill. It was obvious we weren't going to get Manning, but that was the only thing that would have given me the last remaining shred of respect for Ireland. He blew getting Harbaugh and most importantly, Fisher. Why? Because Ireland doesn't want to give up or even SHARE personell decisions: he wants to choose draft picks and free agent signing.

YES, BECAUSE YOU'VE DONE SUCH A GREAT FUCKING JOB SO FAR, YOU PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!

Communist China

How about is they sign Alex Smith?

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'll take Alex smith over Matt Flynn any day fo the week.

misterID

misterID wrote:

There's a report that Alex Smith is negotiating a contract with The Dolphins right now...

Man, if the 49ers lose Smith and don't get Manning they are SCREWED.

Board footer