You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Nfl Draft - Free Agency

slashsfro wrote:

Draft is in less than a week and I have no idea how most of the Top 10 will shake out outside of the top 2 picks.

Minnesota is said to be seriously considering Claiborne, Kahlil, Blackmon and Floyd.  I think it comes down to Kahlil and Claiborne to be honest.  If that happens I don't think Kahlil falls past STL.  Fisher would cream his pants for a chance to get a starting LT at #6.  I don't think Minnesota trades down at all unless they really want a WR. 

I suspect Richardson goes 4 or 5.  Probably 4 to Cleveland.  Not buying the Tannehill talk there.  They're looking at Weeden in the late 1st and early 2nd stage.

Jacksonville also has interesting (and maybe weird) 1st round picks.  This year is no different at all.

Dolphins should just take Tannehill and grab a WR in round 2.  They could draft a DE or TE in that round as well.

No clue who the Titans are going to pick.  They be slaves to how the first round unfolds.  Don't be surprised if they take a WR at 20 though.  Outside of that any position on defense is a good bet.  Slight chance they take a C.

And to end, here's something to get you into the draft mood.  Or you could use it to laugh at the Jets some more.

Someone should update that to include Gholston and maybe Sanchez.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

As a Vikings fan, I can say that the Vikings with either

A) Take Matt Kahlil as their pick

B) Trade pick and to get Kahlil if avalible

Their is an almost %100 chance one of these two events will occur

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm hoping the Bills can get Riley Reiff with their #10 pick, but in the past they've been confident developing unknowns (Jason Peters, Demetrius Bell) so if they have a gem for the later rounds, they can think about Michael Floyd as a legit #2 option at WR. I've heard some mentions of Coples or Upshaw, or Dre Kirkpatrick, and while those players would improve the team, I'd rather trade down if we're just trying to get someone like Kirkpatrick. But I don't know who will want to move up. Tackle and a #2 WR are the Bills' offensive needs. Defensively they bought a pass rush with Williams and Anderson joining Kyle Williams and Dareus, and have safeties that can play. The D will struggle, but most Ds do these days. A pass rush is a big luxury. Patch up that offense and go get 10 wins!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^ That's the pick I've been hearing for The Bills I've been hearing about for a month.

Vikings most definitely will pick Kahlil. Unless Miami trades up for the third pick to get Tannehill.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dear WAR,

On behalf of my Miami Dolphins I would like to offer a trade to your Minnesota Vikings. I'm willing to hand over DE Philip Merling, WR Davone Bess and RB Daniel Thomas along with our 1st round eighth pick and a 3rd round pick for your first round, third pick in the draft.

That is the offer and I look forward to hearing your response. Thank you.

Deal

curious, who are you wanting with the third pick, tannehill?

misterID

misterID wrote:

Yup and we didn't even have to trade! big_smile

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

I found the first round kinda boring (could be the ESPN coverage which seemed to be giving away the picks).

Great move by DAL and PHI getting the guys they wanted (Claiborne and Cox). 

I hate to bash the Rams but I think they traded down too many times.  They probably should have stayed at 6 to grab Cox.

Bruce Irvin to Seattle is the shocker of Round 1.

I'm OK with the Kendall Wright pick for the Titans.  Britt is injury prone and I don't trust any other WR not named Nate Washington.

The Bills if they wanted to could probably trade up into Round 2 to grab Cordy Glenn.  OTOH they should just stay there and wait for Jeffrey or Hill or Randle to drop to their spot.

Best players left (list taken from Mike Mayock of NFL Network top 100 players):

23. Courtney Upshaw, DE, Alabama
25. Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia
26. Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
30. Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
32. Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech
34. Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
36. Jeff Allen, OT, Illinois
37. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State
38. Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford
39. Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt
40. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin
42. Devon Still, DT, Penn State
43. Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
44. Bobby Massie, OT, Mississippi
45. Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana
46. Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
47. Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
48. Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida
50. Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
51. Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
52. Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State
53. Andre Branch, OLB, Clemson
54. Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State
55. Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
56. Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut
58. Josh Norman, CB, Coastal Carolina
59. Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati
60. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Florida International
61. Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia
62. Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
63. Rueben Randle, WR, LSU
64. Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
65. Brandon Taylor, SS, LSU
66. Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State
67. Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State
68. Olivier Vernon, DE, Miami
69. Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California
70. Mike Martin, DT, Michigan
71. LaMichael James, RB, Oregon
72. Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
73. Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State
74. Ronnell Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma
75. Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette
76. Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (Ohio)
77. Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati
78. Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska
79. Philip Blake, C, Baylor
80. DeQuan Menzie, FS, Alabama
81. Sean Spence, OLB, Miami
82. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
83. Billy Winn, DE, Boise State
84. Jonathan Massaquoi, DE, Troy
85. Ben Jones, C, Georgia
86. Demario Davis, OLB, Arkansas State
87. Leonard Johnson, CB, Iowa State
88. Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple
89. Marvin Jones, WR, California
90. Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma
91. Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers
92. Orson Charles, TE, Georgia
93. Chris Polk, RB, Washington
94. Frank Alexander, DE, Oklahoma
95. Trevor Guyton, DE, California
96. Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma
97. Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
98. Bobby Wagner, OLB, Utah State
99. Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State
100. Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

NE drafted a DE and an ILB both pass rushers...so they have addressed that side of things hopefully...i dunno if both guys are capable of stepping right into NFL games or not

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

NE drafted a DE and an ILB both pass rushers...so they have addressed that side of things hopefully...i dunno if both guys are capable of stepping right into NFL games or not

It sounds like, and would appear that Hightower would be much more likely to step in and contribute right away.  The guy was the leader of the Alabama defense last year that won the national championship.  He would certainly appear to be a contributor from the outset, if not a starter on day 1.  As for Jones, he looks to be more of a project.  The guy has freakish talent, but he played at Syracuse, which isn't exactly a top flight program.  In the Big East, which isn't exactly a top flight football conference.  And he didn't put up great numbers despite all that.  So I would think he still has some work to do to harness all that talent. 

Both guys have had recent injuries too, which you always have to look out for.  Also, injuries could've slowed Jones down, as he only played in 7 games last season.  So I'm guessing they're thinking he would have been and will be much more of a factor when healthy.  Certainly defense was a need though, and they addressed that.  So I couldn't be happier.  They only have 2 second rounders left in the draft.  We'll see what they do tonight.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Really surprised Stephen Hill is still available. If The Rams don't get him I'd say the Bronco's will.

Board footer