You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Nfl Draft - Free Agency

I'm hoping Bills can get either Martin, Hill, or Glenn. Gilmore's a nice addition at a needed spot but we need an LT.

I think Dolphins and Jets both made poor selections. Surprising to see Pats trade up for the front 7, probably will pay off.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dolphins made the perfect pick. Tannehill won't have to go in unless Garrad is absolutely awful and I can see that at the end of the year when it won't matter. I'm not expecting Miami to have a good year. Hopefully it's bad enough where we're in play for Devin Taylor and Da'rick Rogers next year.

I still don't understand The Bills refusal to bring in a LT. Martin, Hill And Glenn are going to be gone by the time The Bills get on the clock, so you're gonna have to trade up. And from what I understand, there's going to be a lot of teams trying to trade up in the top ten of the 2nd.

Who I see the Fins going after:

Dwayne Allen TE
Andre Branch DE/OLB
Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB (he'll be gone way before we have a shot)
Jenoris Jenkins CB (he'll be gone)
Jeff Allen RT

I can't believe 49ers got A.J. Jenkins. I was hoping the Fins could get him in the 3rd. I'm guess Crabtree's days are numbered.

misterID

misterID wrote:

How can I be so wrong about so many things in just one post... sad

misterID

misterID wrote:

Damn, first the 49ers grab A.J. Jenkins early then the Patriots nab Tavon Wilson and Jake Bequette... These were guys I was sure would be available to The Dolphins late in the draft. Damn it. DAMN IT, FALDOR!!

At least we did get Lamar Miller.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

That was a great pick.  I've read that Reggie Bush is a FA after this year too.  So it's good insurance in case he asks for too much money.  He has a different skill set than Daniel Thomas as well.

No matter how bad you thought your team drafted there's always this: at least you didn't take a punter in the early 3rd round like the Jaguars.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Damn, first the 49ers grab A.J. Jenkins early then the Patriots nab Tavon Wilson and Jake Bequette... These were guys I was sure would be available to The Dolphins late in the draft. Damn it. DAMN IT, FALDOR!!

Wait, you know something about Tavon Wilson?  The reaction from the New England media was he was a complete reach/awful pick.  The Pats always seem to have at least one of those per year, so it was nothing new.  They drafted a guy today who played at Ohio St. strictly as a special teams player.  He was a rugby player primarily.  The media got a kick out of that one.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Tavon Wilson is going to be a stud. He has to be developed, but as long as you got him it doesn't matter what round it was. This wasn't a great draft for safeties and you got one who just might turn out very good.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

misterID, your Fins on Hard Knocks this year.  Good stuff.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic … 5d00ccdc55

Head Coach Joe Philbin confirmed the news after this morning’s OTA session, revealing that fans around the world will now get an up close and personal look at training camp. The Dolphins were chosen by the National Football League and HBO to be that team that will allow the cameras to go behind the scenes for five one-hour episodes debuting Tuesday, August 7th, and running each subsequent Tuesday.

“Number one it was a football decision and it was made by the football operations staff,” Philbin said. “Our owner, Steve Ross, supported our decision but in no way, shape or form forced us to make this decision. I’m personally very excited about it and I shared my thoughts about it with our football team this morning. It’s a football show and it’s a show that’s going to showcase our players and the great group of men that we have assembled here in Miami as they go through training camp.

“The second thing is I think it’s a great opportunity for us to connect with our fans and to the people that aren’t going to be able to come out here on a daily basis in 110-degree heat index weather and watch our guys participate in training camp. The third thing is I think it’s a chance for us to show the new direction, the identity of this football team, where we’re headed and at the same time also connect with our past and the great history, tradition and heritage that we have here in Miami.”

For more than a decade, the popular cable television series has given fans a new perspective on the nation’s most popular sport and has consistently drawn high ratings. It’s allowed the viewer to feel as if he or she is on the sideline and in the locker room with the team.

Philbin isn’t concerned about any perceived distractions because he reminded his team that there are cameras everywhere on Sunday afternoon during game day. He doesn’t plan to do anything different in practice or the meeting rooms just because the cameras are there.

“I think the number one thing in coaching from a philosophical standpoint is that you have to be yourself,” said Philbin, who is in his first year as a head coach in the league. “Probably 20 years from now it will be a lot of fun to watch but I’ve never seen the show. That’s the truth and I certainly wasn’t necessarily auditioning for it. The easy answer would have been to say no but we thought it was in the best interest of the organization at this point to do it.”

Four current members of the Dolphins have been on Hard Knocks in the past – defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle when he was with the Cincinnati Bengals, quarterback David Garrard (Jaguars), general manager Jeff Ireland (Chiefs) and linebacker Jamaal Westerman (New York Jets).

“On the 40th anniversary of the greatest season in NFL history – Don Shula’s perfect ’72 Dolphins – it is perfectly fitting that Hard Knocks is heading to Miami to capture the start of a new era for one of the league’s proudest teams,” said NFL Films president Steve Sabol. “After Hard Knocks’ hiatus last summer, I know our team at NFL Films can’t wait to get back on the field.”

And on a lighter note, check out Tom Brady put in a Pro Bowl caliber acting performance on this Funny Or Die skit.  Honestly, I think Tom is the star here.  I'd like to think my bias isn't clouding my judgement.  Impressed with Tom's improved acting skills.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2fbed5 … red_videos

Board footer