You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Roseland Ballroom, NYC 02/10/12

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

I find it so pathetic that people continueally bitch about Axl's weight.  Give m a fucking break. I could  see if he was a fat fuck who had completely let himself go but he looks perfectly fine. Guaranteed half the people posting on this site are packing a  few extra pounds themselves and how many of you are 50 years old? Seriously Axl is probably in better shape then a lot of people posting here. Honestly give it a rest when it comes to his weight.

It is amusing.  And I love how people try to give examples of other people over the age of 50 who look better than Axl.  As if there aren't tens of thousands of examples that look worse than Axl.  Doesn't prove a thing.  People age, some more gracefully than others.  Axl is far from the worst of the bunch, and I won't pretend that he looks as good as he did 20 years ago.  It's all good, but if that's what people want to worry or complain about, so be it.

Problem is, it has nothing to do with "AGE" u apologist drive me nuts. its eating and sitting on your ass. nothing more nor less. Axl showed in 2006 he can still get in amazing shape when he wants to.

Spot on.

btw, thanks Axlin12, We do agree on this point. He is rocking the homesless chic wardrobe from four years ago. Too bad, his shirts and coats don't fit.

Sky Dog wrote:

the band is kicking complete ass but the coat and shirt don't fit.....I've heard it all. If you are that obsessed then you really need to find another outlet.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Dont get me wrong Madagas.. I don't give a shit honestly what he looks like.. but when people start bullshitting i have to call them on it.

This is GNR, we don't settle for "Good enough" that cop out is why the band is in the state they are in.

I mean shit, look how the standards for this band have lowered. someone telling me a while back 6500 people was a success. GTFO with that bullshit. GNR should be as big as U2Metallica,Bon Jovi.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Dont get me wrong Madagas.. I don't give a shit honestly what he looks like.. but when people start bullshitting i have to call them on it.

This is GNR, we don't settle for "Good enough" that cop out is why the band is in the state they are in.

I mean shit, look how the standards for this band have lowered. someone telling me a while back 6500 people was a success. GTFO with that bullshit. GNR should be as big as U2Metallica,Bon Jovi.

D, we all know why GNR isn't as big as those bands anymore.  Let's not pretend like if Axl was in tip top shape that they'd be selling out stadiums.

Axlin, I'm not sure how my argument doesn't hold up.  Axl, and all of us, get older by the day.  You have to work harder each day to keep up your conditioning, etc.  Axl has admittedly not worked as hard as he could have in recent years.  That's on him.  At the same time, he's not embarrassing himself out there, so I don't really have an issue with it.  I go see Def Leppard every chance I get and they still put on a great show.  Yet Joe Elliott makes Axl look and sound like he's not a day removed from his prime.  All I'm saying is, Axl could look and sound a lot worse.  I just think people blow that whole issue out of proportion.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Yeah Faldor, but pointing to this n that still doesn't excuse Axl's

I hold Axl way above Vince and Joe Elliot.

Sky Dog wrote:

The last year has gotten the best critical reviews for the entire new gnr era. Period.

As for being u2metallicajovi....it is pretty obvious Axl doesn't want that. If he did, he would have teed up a reunion a decade ago. The public knows new gnr and old gnr are two completely different beasts. D, you're wanting and expecting something that isn't going to happen.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

You're calling people  out on their bullshit? I'll tell ya what's bullshit is people sitting on a computer chriping about how a guy that looks like Axl is fat and needs to hit the gym a bit more. How about everyone post pictures of themselves and then we'll start talking about who's fat and who's not. Everyone post your workout schedules and then we'll talk about who's lazy and who's not when it comes to fitness. I'm by no means  trying to be the guy who runs to Axl's defence but the whole topic about his weight is pathetic and always has been. He's 50 years old. That's not an excuse it's a fact and it's not about whether Anthony Keidis or whoever is in better shape than Axl or not. Axl is in better shape then some of the people posting on this site I'm positive of it.  Fact is the guy isn't fat, he looks good for his age when you look around at society in general. Is he  a dardcore fitness buff? No. Does he need to be? No. the issue of weight bugs the shit out of me when it comes to anyone. I was pissed at the criticism Britney Spears got when people said she looked  fat here after this performance in 2007.britney_spears_mtv_vma_20073_lg.jpg

Fat? Whatever. If that's fat sign me up. Truth is half the women saying she looked fat wished they had her body and half the men saying she looked fat wished they could fuck her. Axl isn't fat end of story. It woudl eb oen thing if he came out pushing 200lbs or so and had completely let himself go but that isn't the case. The average Joe's attitude towards the celebrity body is so warped and unrealistic

-D- wrote:

When you haven't had an album that ahs even been remotely as successful as the others you mentieodn in the last 21 years no you shouldn't be as big as the bands you mentioned. And whether Axl gets "in shape" or not that isnt' gonna change ever so.....

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

madagas wrote:

the band is kicking complete ass but the coat and shirt don't fit.....I've heard it all. If you are that obsessed then you really need to find another outlet.

I don't follow your logic. Why exactly does a criticism of his appearance require one to abandon being a fan?

Methinks you are crossing the line of hyperbole.

I would also take issue with the band kicking ass: from my seat, they are treading water.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Britney is hot as fuck there. no idea why she got flack.

I didn't say he was fat. I said in concert he didn't look fat at all a few posts ago. but to sit here and say he looks perfectly fine.. I can't agree with that.

It doesn't change my love for the guy or the band.. but let's don't use age as a bullshit excuse. that is all i am saying. call it what it is and i won't argue.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

u2metallicajovi 16

There's just no way GN'R can be on the level (selling out stadiums and shit) as U2, Bon Jovi or Metallica. These are bands that have stayed active for almost 30 years with fan bases that have followed them every tour.  GN'R has only completed 1 full, completed tour in the last 18 years. And they're far, far, far from active or consistent. Those are fan friendly bands. And they've worked hard at it.

GN'R just isn't that kind of band.

Board footer