You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Slash Apocalytipic Love album/singles Chart positions

Gibbo wrote:

I cant start a new topic so i thought id put this here

ARTISTdirect.com has partnered with guitar deity and rock 'n' roll legend Slash to premiere "Civil War," a track from his new live bundle for Best Buy.

Slash's band, featuring Miles Kennedy and the Conspirators, will release a special three-disc special enhanced edition of their acclaimed new studio album Apocalyptic Love, out November 19, exclusively at Best Buy.

The collection includes the full 15-track version of the album including bonus songs "Crazy Life" and "Carolina," as well as eight unreleased acoustic tracks from the group's Guitar Center Sessions as well as the Live From NY concert DVD from Slash's sold-out record release show filmed live at Irving Plaza in New York City.

The special enhanced edition will also include a collectible guitar pick tin.

So take a few minutes out of your day and enjoy this fiery live cut from the guitar god that is Slash, courtesy of ARTISTdirect.com.

Listen below!
Slash Premieres "Civil War" Acoustic Live @ Guitar Center
http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=htt … t_url=true

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Funny how "success" changed over the years. Two number 1 rock singles used to mean millions of albums sold. Now, I don't think Slash would have sold more than 100,000 copies in the US and more than 500,000 worldwide (probably it's close to its half!), although much more people saw him live on the current tour.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am quite certain he hasn't sold 250,000 worldwide. He makes his cash off touring now....just like everybody else except for the big pop stars like Taylor Swift, etc. Radio Chart positions don't mean shit unless they are backed by single sales on ITUNES, Amazon, etc.

I did hear Slash's recent single on the radio a few days ago...the one with the Locomotive type riff. It sounded so much better than all the other modern rock crap (the instrumental that is). Myles kind of irritates me after awhile but the guitars just kick ass.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Following is the full track listing for the APOCALYPTIC LOVE 3-Disc Special Edition:

‘APOCALYPTIC LOVE’ (Deluxe CD)

1) Apocalyptic Love

2) One Last Thrill

3) Standing in the Sun

4) You’re a Lie

5) No More Heroes

6) Halo

7) We Will Roam

8) Anastasia

9) Not for Me

10) Bad Rain

11) Hard & Fast

12) Far and Away

13) Shots Fired

Bonus Tracks

14) Carolina

15) Crazy Life

LIVE AT GUITAR CENTER (Acoustic) (CD)

1)    Beggars and Hangers On

2)    Back From Cali

3)    Civil War

4)    Fall to Pieces

5)    Far and Away

6)    Starlight

7)    Not For Me

8)    Sweet Child O’ Mine

“LIVE FROM NY” CONCERT AT IRVING PLAZA (DVD, 72 min)

1)    Mean Bone

2)    Dirty Little Thing

3)    One Last Thrill

4)    Back From Cali

5)    Ghost

6)    Standing In The Sun

7)    Doctor Alibi

8)    Speed Parade

9)    Apocalyptic Love

10)  Watch This

11)  Starlight

12)  Just Like Anything

13)  Halo

14)  You’re A Lie

15)  Slither

Encore:

16)  By The Sword

No GNR on the New York show

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am quite certain he hasn't sold 250,000 worldwide. He makes his cash off touring now....just like everybody else except for the big pop stars like Taylor Swift, etc. Radio Chart positions don't mean shit unless they are backed by single sales on ITUNES, Amazon, etc.

I did hear Slash's recent single on the radio a few days ago...the one with the Locomotive type riff. It sounded so much better than all the other modern rock crap (the instrumental that is). Myles kind of irritates me after awhile but the guitars just kick ass.

Quite possible. A lot of sites hail it as a contender for the album of the year, yet only a few people bought it. Downloading motherfuckers are one thing, but sometimes I think that people (rock fans mostly) aren't really interested in new music anymore. They have their old AC/DC, Zeppelin, Floyd, GN'R etc. stuff and it's enough for them for the rest of their lives.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Following is the full track listing for the APOCALYPTIC LOVE 3-Disc Special Edition:

Why? yikes The Axl camp did its job again? I just can't imagine Slash cutting the set GN'R-less by his own choice. They all should accept that the others were there, they wrote the songs together and let the others use whatever they want   hmm

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Here's the art for the Deluxe Edition. Very cool package, and shame about the GNR tunes being cut...

135272_10151121482101921_514903480_o.jpg

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Why? yikes The Axl camp did its job again? I just can't imagine Slash cutting the set GN'R-less by his own choice. They all should accept that the others were there, they wrote the songs together and let the others use whatever they want   hmm

I also don't het how he can release the Guitar Center GN'R songs, but cannot the New York show's.

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Quite possible. A lot of sites hail it as a contender for the album of the year, yet only a few people bought it. Downloading motherfuckers are one thing, but sometimes I think that people (rock fans mostly) aren't really interested in new music anymore. They have their old AC/DC, Zeppelin, Floyd, GN'R etc. stuff and it's enough for them for the rest of their lives.

You just described me and I don't download. I buy VERY little new music.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

250k worldwide is doable.

he sold around 37k first week in US.. has been out about 6 months or so... if it just sold 1k a week, it would be up to around 60k plus in the US alone. Could see other countries equaling another 190k. U gotta keep in mind how many countries buy albums.

Board footer