You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Why do people shit on Steven Adler?

Lomax wrote:

I think the only difference between Adler and the other guys drug use, is that we didn't see theirs on TV.
All of a sudden it's no so romantic looking.

@Axlin12 Wow I didn't know that!

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Axl used drugs, he just didn't abuse drugs like the others.

I think he's copped to drinking excessively, doing coke daily, and he even OD'ed on Heroin himself.

That's where the lyrics for "Coma" came from that experience. Can't remember if it was him or Slash who OD'ed and nearly died first.

But because it happened before GN'R found major success, it's not reported often.

That's why everyone thought Axl was a "double talkin' jive mother fucker" when he threatened the band about their abuse of stuff he used to use.

yes on the OD and Coma. It was Axl.

no on everyone thinkin Axl was a DTJ motherfucker. Almost all of the band members are on record as saying Axl was never addicted to anything. We know he drank and did recreational drugs-no doubt. But, he was never addicted the way the other 4 guys were. However, Axl obviously has a few other personality disorders which get in the way of his day to day functioning. 16

Steven, Duff, Izzy and Slash were hard core junkies and alcoholics. I just realized that they all are pretty much sober and clean now. How scary is that? Axl is the only current booze hound, and I am quite sure he likes his weed too!

Sky Dog wrote:

As far as Steven's drumming, the only 2 songs that stick out in my mind are Mr Brownstone and Rocket Queen. hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Axl used drugs, he just didn't abuse drugs like the others.

I think he's copped to drinking excessively, doing coke daily, and he even OD'ed on Heroin himself.

That's where the lyrics for "Coma" came from that experience. Can't remember if it was him or Slash who OD'ed and nearly died first.

But because it happened before GN'R found major success, it's not reported often.

That's why everyone thought Axl was a "double talkin' jive mother fucker" when he threatened the band about their abuse of stuff he used to use.

yes on the OD and Coma. It was Axl.

no on everyone thinkin Axl was a DTJ motherfucker. Almost all of the band members are on record as saying Axl was never addicted to anything. We know he drank and did recreational drugs-no doubt. But, he was never addicted the way the other 4 guys were. However, Axl obviously has a few other personality disorders which get in the way of his day to day functioning. 16

Steven, Duff, Izzy and Slash were hard core junkies and alcoholics. I just realized that they all are pretty much sober and clean now. How scary is that? Axl is the only current booze hound, and I am quite sure he likes his weed too!

I'm sorry. I just do not buy that.

No way those guys, young, hungry, and with the rocket taking off by 1989 are not gonna look at Axl as a "DTJMF" calling them out publicly like that, when they knew damn good and well he had used those same substances.

Was he addicted?

Hell no. I could say the same thing in my own life in Axl's shoes. Have I used certain things... yes. Have I ever abused ANYTHING... hell no. I've never been addicted, I won't allow it. I've went cold a few times just to make sure.

But I just don't think Slash, Izzy, Duff & Steven are gonna be that objective about that moment in 1989. Now? Yes. Then, I think they were extremely hurt and looked at Axl as a hypocrite.

There was actually an interview where Slash said something like he understood why Axl did now, but then he was extremely offended and made one of those "don't throw stones from your glass house" kind of thing.

Slash also has cited that moment as the start of the decline between him and Axl. He was obviously very offended from that moment on. It was basically Axl's way of using a GN'R/Stones crowd and having an "intervention" with the band.

It didn't work -- they just got worse. 16

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

[youtube]XVA3aXZH8Ic&feature=related[/youtube]
Hes getting flash backs from the Ritz sounds cool

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

I feel sorry for him he sounds like a good person image being a addict and getting the sacked from one of the biggest bands at the time fuck me it would be tough. Just watching him play that rocket queen makes me even more piss that they arent playing at the RRHOF sad

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

He sounds great there, and he's a lot like EVH, in that when he plays, he smiles. Can't help it, he just does. I love that.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Yer fuck i reckon it sounds kick arse

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

YEah I went to a drum clinic where he played 4-5 songs from AFD and you've never seen anyone so happy just from playing. The dude just loves to drum and loves what he made in GNR.

I know he can run his mouth and stuff but I hope he gets his chance one day...he deserves it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Fuck that vid was amazing.

and

I was singing every beat....

how many drummers can u say that about? That u sing the fucking drums?

Special player..

Board footer