You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

was a good post Faldor, only part I didn't agree with was the Why should he do anything for fans who have said F U for 15 years calling them hacks,cover band etc etc

i think once again.. why waste time and energy focusing on a very small percentage of people? its like punishing 10k for 1 dickhead throwing a bottle.

Focus on the positive... get rid of the negative.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

was a good post Faldor, only part I didn't agree with was the Why should he do anything for fans who have said F U for 15 years calling them hacks,cover band etc etc

i think once again.. why waste time and energy focusing on a very small percentage of people? its like punishing 10k for 1 dickhead throwing a bottle.

Focus on the positive... get rid of the negative.

I hear you, and I agree.  I've just read a lot of crap from people who've had nothing good to say about Axl over the years.  They live for this stuff.  Axl has done nothing out of the ordinary.  As you, and others have pointed out.  The guy sticks to his guns and doesn't do what others think is the "right" thing to do regardless of how it makes him look.

It's been said over and over, but this was obviously a no win situation for Axl.  Yeah, he could've showed up with his tail between his legs and accepted the honor "for the fans".  While we're on the subject though, can we agree no matter how much he says it, that Steven Adler's intentions have nothing to do with the fans?  He wants to reunite for Steven Adler and Steven Adler alone.  The fans are secondary, and WAY down on the list at that.

But anyway, there really wasn't a right way to play this for Axl.  He's actually getting more support than I thought he would, and I'm speaking outside of GNR forums.  I think that MTV article was spot on.

Axl is obviously PISSED that people refuse to accept what he's done with the GNR name over the last decade.  It's a battle that he seemingly can't win, and I honestly don't think he knows what to do at this point.  And as I said before, I don't see things getting any easier.  If he showed up on Saturday, it would only be a reminder of what once was and people would long for it to become a mainstay.  This is one final F-U to all the reunionists out there, and again I'm not speaking solely about people who post on these boards.  If people don't get it through their heads that a reunion ain't happening after this, I don't know what to tell you.  So MAYBE it helps in that respect.  Only time will tell.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Eddie Trunk tweeted yesterday that Axl certainly wasn't the first to snub the Hall, but he may in fact be the first to ask to NOT be inducted.  How does that work exactly?  And I thought I saw on twitter that the Hall responded, saying too bad, you're still getting inducted.  Didn't read the article though.  Can't imagine the legalities involved in all of this.

-D-

-D- wrote:

God words can't describe how much i cannot stand Eddie Trunk

Wish he had no credibility on anything.

If he is the face of "Metal" no fucking wonder rock is dead.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have flown to Vegas, Detroit, and drove to Atlanta to see GNR since 2001, and I will never waste another dime on that ungrateful child.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Honestly

I can maybe be bought back with an album

other than that

prob go back to being very casual fan of new lineup

will play my old GNR boots and cds.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Watching the Cream reunited show on Palladia right now. Why is it everyone else's favorite band can reunite but mine???  I guess Adler was right, Axl did try to get the current band to perform and the hall told him to fuck off.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

I think if a new guns album follows people will be happier about lack of a reunion. It's just hard when Axl says a reunion would take focus away from new guns when right now all that focus entails is live versions of Slash/Robin solos and riffs.

A new album with DJ would be fucking kickass.

Hell yea it would! big_smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Axl is obviously PISSED that people refuse to accept what he's done with the GNR name over the last decade.  It's a battle that he seemingly can't win, and I honestly don't think he knows what to do at this point.  And as I said before, I don't see things getting any easier.  If he showed up on Saturday, it would only be a reminder of what once was and people would long for it to become a mainstay.  This is one final F-U to all the reunionists out there, and again I'm not speaking solely about people who post on these boards.  If people don't get it through their heads that a reunion ain't happening after this, I don't know what to tell you.  So MAYBE it helps in that respect.  Only time will tell.

Axl is a pubic hair shy of doing fuck all with the Gn'R name over the last decade. That's the damn problem. Ya wanna know how ya win people over? You move forward release new material on a  regular basis and STOP living off the old band's legacy. You stop blaming everyone else for your shitty level of production. You stop sayong "Poor me" People are pissed at Axl because he's basically done fuck all not  because of all the great things he's done.

Had Axl Rose been 3 albums deep by now people would've moved on but as it stands people look at what he's doing as  a collasal waste of time. Why? because he's done basically nothing and that leaves the door wide open for a whole lot of "what coudl've been" type discussion. It's Axl's fault NOT anyone elses. he's made his own bed and has nobody to blame for his difficulies other than himself.

Board footer