You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Bro-mero wrote:

I wonder if Axl goes on the forums and reads all of this LOL. Or maybe he has an account on GnREvo and moderates public opinion of himself

It would be pretty awesome if I knew Axl is reading what I post on here

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Nah...I stopped bothering to posting much of anything anymore. I just figured it'd be better to let this group of "fans" go about insulting the band their such fans of and not let myself get in the way.

I can't help but think you're so jaded over all this Russ that you can't  even see what's actually being said by many of us. The fact you think people in this thread are insulting Axl's band is ridiculous. You need to make the distinction between people expressing their disgust with Axl Rose and "insulting the band".   Nobody has said anything bad about the new era Guns. It's Axl and Axl alone that hasn't allowed that band to take off and create their own identity. Maybe acknowledge the fact that most people don't look at a cover band endlessly touring the old band's songs as something great the way you do. 1 album 17 years. You can think thats' great all ya want most people won't though and it doesn't make them less of a fan than you. Nobody dislikes the current band. People are fucking sick of Axl Rose though. Not sure how you confuse the two as being one in the same but whatever....  Maybe you do need to step away because you clearly aren't grasping what people are saying here. Not even close.

And the fact you describe many of us as "fans" is pretty pathetic and way beneath you.  Sorry we don't meet your standards of fandom Russ. How very Axl like of you.

Let me start this post by saying I'm 100% sincere;

You're right.

I'm not sure how to describe it, but I think I've reached a point where I somehow feel "insulted" if people don't see what I feel is great about Guns N' Roses in any incarnation.

What's more important is that I'm honestly willing to admit that. About 2 seconds after I posted my shitty reply to you, I decided that wasn't at ALL the way to answer you. But my room mate and I had already ran out to get more alcohol and video games and I didn't have time to take it back til just now.

What I meant to say (or should've said) is this; I completely agree with Axl Rose's decision about the RRHoF. I understand why a lot of you don't but to be honest, I just don't have it in me anymore to argue with a lot of you who have valid points that I either can't (yes, can't) or don't want to argue anymore because we probably won't ever see eye to eye.

I've already consumed a lot of the aforementioned alcohol so I'm sorry if there's typos but I think you guys get what I'm trying to say.

P.S. Special shout out to buzzsaw for calling the crowd down on my behalf. If you were on this board about 4 years ago, that's something you probably would've never thought you'd live to see 16

You have a good point, Russ. At first I was perplexed at the letter; but after giving it some thought and looking back at some of the details, I kind of agree with Axl on some level. For me I just enjoy the music and when they go on tour I just hope they come near my area cause Axl's chose some really cool and passionate players that are sweet to the fans and that they don't act like rich rock stars where they don't have a few moments to talk to the fan about the show. I'm sure Axl will come around to making a new album. I know he wants DJ and more of Ron's abilities on the next record; but with legal battle after legal battle it must be rough on the current lineup trying to break out of the shadow of Chinese's misfortunes. I like what they are doing with the touring by trying to create a mix of material that everyone will enjoy instead of just playing Chinese from front to back. Which alot of people that want to hear most of the hits wouldn't be too happy with. I would be a cool idea in my opinion to play it and add in a couple of songs. This current lineup has raised the popularity and interest in the record too. I do want to see the vault material and new songs as much as anyone; but pointing fingers at people on this forum isn't going to solve anything. The Rock Hall is a joke in my opinion anyway. They didn't even induct Dio when Sabbath got in or as a solo artist by now.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I have flown to Vegas, Detroit, and drove to Atlanta to see GNR since 2001, and I will never waste another dime on that ungrateful child.

Same here. I drove 13 hours to see them in Vancouver 2002 and that was a bunch of bullshit.  I flew to New York for the Hammerstien shows and then bought tickets to see them in Calgary and Edmonton in 2006 because they promised an album by the end of that year. I then said I woudln't see them ever again and STILL I gave them another shot and bought tickets to see them in Calgary in 2010. So it seriously pisses me off when someone questions whether I have supported the new incarnation and whether or not I was excited for them to create their own identity and seriously become a new era of Gn'R. When someone calls me a "fan" it seriously pisses me off.

Axl will never get another dime from me ever. not even if a new album comes out. I wish the band would get rid of him and do their own thing. Would probably be better anwways. he is the biggest wqaste of musical talent in the history of music. Total douche who has his head so far up his own ass for so long that he's begun to love the taste of his own shit.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I simply don't like him anymore. Love his work, but he really sucks balls as a human. I have wasted years of time on forums following a guy that can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

On a side note:

Duff, Slash etc downplay the hall cause they don't want to look like pretentious douchebags.

I'm sure they are extremely honored in their private moments.

bordering on idiot...it's over, done cooked...forget Axl and follow Jovi, Slash's Snakeshit or whatever. It's OVER. Best bet for the RRHOF is if Slash gets to jam with The Faces. Period. Even I will think that's cool.:slash:

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Did u quote the right post?

Sky Dog wrote:

maybe not..sorry. Still want to see Slash and Ronnie kick ass. Izzy should be hung for not being there.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

How many texts has Adler sent duff and Slash since yesterday??? Lol...

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I simply don't like him anymore. Love his work, but he really sucks balls as a human. I have wasted years of time on forums following a guy that can't just rock the fuck out for 10-15 minutes with the guys he started it out with.

you should have realized this by 1994...I did. Still a fan but certainly don't use him as any form of role model or artistic shaman. He writes a lot of songs/lyrics with universal themes,. Those songs connect with a pretty diverse demographic all across the globe.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I think the best thing Axl can do from here is to move forward with his current lineup as quickly as possibly and let them write and release some new music with him.  Seems to me to be the only way to generate some positivity for himself from here.

Board footer