You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

For max effect in the press and to ensure the other guys can't make any definite plans until the eve of it. If we are to believe Slash, Myles was an 11th hour addition.

Alternatively, that's how long it took for the negotiations with the HOF to finally break down.

If we are to believe Slash?  I thought Myles was supposed to be with Trunk or somebody and had to cancel at the last minute to fly to Cleveland...that's how we found out he was going to the HoF.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Am I the only one picking up on the fact that Axl seems to have an issue with all the other groups are artists not in the Rock Hall?

I see it as a smokescreen.  Yes, he had some high level concerns originally; ultimately he wanted his current guys involved and didn't get it.  Only then did he suddenly have all these deep issues.  Pretty ironic given his distaste for revisionist points of view.

AtariLegend wrote:

Axl Rose Apologizes to Cleveland for Hall of Fame Snub

Axl Rose has written another letter to fans explaining his decision to not attend the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony and apologizing to the city of Cleveland for the snub. Last week, Axl wrote a long letter in which he said he declined his induction into the Hall of Fame. The group performed with Alter Bridge singer Myles Kennedy, and the Cleveland crowd booed every time Axl's name was mentioned during the ceremony.

This new letter ends with a request for the media to run the letter in full, so we'll do just that:

To: Cleveland, Ohio, Guns N' Roses Fans and everyone who's shown support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I seriously didn't plan on or expect the overwhelmingly positive response and public support for my decision regarding the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. With such a generous outpouring of solidarity from fans, media outlets, writers and other artists, I'm truly humbled, blown away and unbelievably relieved! To be honest, I thought it would go the other way and was just hoping to weather the storm. As I said, I sincerely didn't want to disappoint anyone. It gets old being the outlaw even if "it's only rock and roll".

It took a lot of focus and soul searching to be sincere and informative while making a genuine effort to be somewhat diplomatic. We made, what I feel, are real efforts to learn about the Hall and the Board, spoke as I said with the president and various members, and though I inducted Elton John and Bernie Taupin in '94 saying something to the effect of "I'm learning what the Hall's about..."

I still don't exactly know or understand what the Hall is or how or why it makes money, where the money goes, who chooses the voters and why anyone or this board decides who, out of all the artists in the world that have contributed to this genre, officially "rock" enough to be in the Hall?

This isn't an attack. These are genuine issues I don't have enough verified information on to have more than rough ideas. Certainly not enough information to make any judgments about.

I would like to apologize to Cleveland, Ohio for not apologizing to them beforehand for not attending [the ceremony] in their city. I think they know how much I genuinely love performing there. Cleveland does in fact Rock!!

Now that the smoke's cleared a little, any desperate, misguided attacks have been just that, a pathetic stab at gossip, some lame vindictiveness, the usual entitlement crap, he's obsessed, crazy, volatile, a hater. I once bought a homeless woman a slice of pizza who yelled at me she wanted soup. We got her the soup. You can get your own.

Again: HUGE thanks to the fans and to everyone for the incredible public support. My congratulations to the other artists inducted. And my apologies to the city and people of Cleveland, Ohio. I hope you'll forgive me and we hope to see you again soon!

Keep Rockin',

Axl
Unlike my open letter to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Guns N' Roses Fans and Whom It May Concern this was written for GNR's official website, Facebook account and my personal twitter account and not intended as a press release. If anyone does choose to pick this up as has been done previously I'd appreciate if you'd run in full including this paragraph so as not to give a partial picture, have things taken out of context or to imply or inadvertently give the impression this was intended for other outlets.

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z1sM8mBZ87

AtariLegend wrote:

I hope it's a fake tongue

-edit-

It isnt.

AtariLegend wrote:

I can't believe he thought this was a good idea, this is probably the most cynical letter I've ever read.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That letter was so weak and not a true reflection of reality. It's 95% to 5% split on who disagreed with his decision and who did (5%). Poor letter.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think he's joking tongue.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

And that is the challenge with the written word.  Hard to tell if he's joking or serious (or both).  That's where his track record hurts him.  Even if he was joking, most people are just going to assume he's THAT oblivious to everything around him.

Personally I don't think he is, but you just never know.

Board footer