You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

Furbush wrote:

I don't remember the source, exactly... I think it was Guitar World, or some shit, like... YEARS ago... Before Slash left. They asked Steven Tyler and Joe Perry if they had any advice for Guns, and they said "It's too late... They got too big, too fast.. There's nothing we can tell them now"..

I think that's the biggest issue with Axl and Slash... Had it been a slow, steady climb.. Like what Geffen/Zutaut had envisioned when they signed them, their egos may not have been so enormous at such a young age, and they may have had a chance...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I can see both sides of the coin.

I applaud Axl for wanting to keep a certain standard of excellence for GNR but then again, i can see Slash's side also and why should Axl be the sole decider on what gets used and what doesn't?

in that way neither truly are wrong.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Thought this further piece from Marc was interesting:

Marc another question since Beta and her family are so close to Axl has anyone tried to speak to them about getting professional help for Axl? Surely they must be aware of his nature and are concerned.

I have told Beta many times, but nothing ever gets done. She thinks it's all Slash's fault. I told her it's not about who's fault it is, it's about how to deal with it and move on

These people display classic enabler behaviour.

Don't think Marc will be invited around for dinner again any time soon. 16

Which just confirms MSL's conversation with Beta.

But I think people forget that Beta is still on a payroll, and Axl's been the best boss she's ever had. AXL believes Slash is the one at fault. The last thing Beta is gonna do is tell her boss, "you're WRONG, and YOU should fix this!"

Think about it, it completely doesn't serve any purpose for Beta at all.

I think a huge problem GN'R fans do is blame Beta or Fernando for enabling Axl (we've all done it, myself included).

Axl is the roller coaster and they are simply along for the ride.

If you want to blame someone for GNR's situation, the botched rollout of CD, the constant lineup changes, and bizarre music production time frames as well as constantly doing shows later than George Noory...

At that blame is entirely Axl Rose's fault, and no one else. Fans are so attached to Axl, and love him so much, they just don't want to blame their lover, they want to blame their "parents". It's all Axl.

And with that being said you realize that shrinks are fucking pointless. Axl is locked into a mindset. Slash is gonna have to give Axl every single thing Axl wants AND be willing to be Axl's 'technical' employee if there is ever to be a GN'R reunion.

Which makes the whole thing seem like even MORE lunacy.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

GNR was always the best as a mixed bag of influences from each man, not the sole vision of one.

Both men were wrong to try to run things but I guess after UYI tour, Slash probably felt like he was running the band as he did most of the promotion, interviews, getting the band together etc for the almost three years they were on the road.

That creative tension between Axl & Slash could have been managed with amazing results if Niven was allowed to stay. Axl brought in yes men so his say was final. The other chicken shits should have joined Matt in drawing a line in the sand.

At the end of the day Axl did it because he was allowed.

Board footer