You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Richard Fortus interview

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I just read it as rerecorded stuff that was already recorded.  I don't read anything else into it.  Just an attempt to make sure those not around aren't making money off the next album.

I agree with the first part but I really think that Robin and BH will still have things on the next record.

Of course.  Bucket was long gone, but still had some of his parts on CD.  Why would this be any different?

Ali

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Aussie wrote:

It kinda contradicts what Ron said about them not having even recorded together at all.

My theory is (..and I will probably be dead wrong); but I'm thinking Ron is going to come in last in the recording and add of his riffs, the big epic guitar solos, and all that. I'm hoping that they will let him sing backing vocals on some of the recordings too. That would sound so great mixed in with Axl's lead vocals and if Tommy, Dizzy, or Mother Goose want to do their shot too. I also like the rest of you would love to hear Tommy sing lead on a song like Duff and Izzy did with UYI and Spaghetti. I listen to Motivation alot on my music playlist. Then after all the main instrumentals and players have recorded their stuff, Axl is going to go record some vocals, and do his thing and add any touches he wants to make like orchestral stuff or guitar and drum parts. Then him, Caram, DJ, maybe Ron, and Mother Goose sit down and mix it and work on the production.  smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Didn't Ron already (re)record his parts for the next album? No need for him to join in. When I hear more recording I take it as DJ re-recording Robin's parts.

I don't really care about new songs from this line up right now. I want the rest of what's already there.

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah that could be the case. I would like to hear a combination of both if possible. I want to see if this current band can write together and record songs from the ground up or something like that. Also hear the session work in some shape or form released. I know there will be some re-recording of guitar parts or runs from previous work too. I do hope Axl does keep some of Robin's leads and riffs on other material if he decides to release that stuff.

Sky Dog wrote:

who knows...just more dangling the carrot...their words are meaningless at this point.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

Ron laid down parts on all of the existing CD era tracks back in 2006 or 2007 (can't remember which year exactly)

The CD era stuff has been done for a long time.  Maybe they had DJ play on some of the tracks in the past 3 years (including last year). 

Also, re-recording peoples parts doesn't mean they won't get paid.  They still get paid as songwriters which is where the vast majority of the royalties come from anyway.

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah you make some good points for this kind of situation in the recording process.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
shotgunblues1978 wrote:

Ron laid down parts on all of the existing CD era tracks back in 2006 or 2007 (can't remember which year exactly)

The CD era stuff has been done for a long time.  Maybe they had DJ play on some of the tracks in the past 3 years (including last year). 

Also, re-recording peoples parts doesn't mean they won't get paid.  They still get paid as songwriters which is where the vast majority of the royalties come from anyway.

Not if they get no writing credits.

shotgunblues1978
 Rep: 11 

You can't take away writing credits from someone who actually wrote the song without getting hammered by lawsuits.  Re-recording their parts doesn't legally erase their right to a songwriting credit.  Guys like Josh Freese, Paul Huge and Buckethead had been gone for 4 - 9 years when CD came out and still received writing credits on the album.  I don't see that changing with this release.

Me_Wise_Magic

Since Paul helped co-write alot of the material from the Chinese sessions with Axl and some of the others. Freese helped co-write the song Chinese Democracy too. Even Brain helped write and arrange what was going to become The General and it's orchestral opening from what I've heard.

Board footer