You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: "Blood in the Water" (NEW idea discussion)

Axlin16 wrote:
gibbo wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

Could someone PM me? many thanks smile

Iv put the audio in the download section

Once again, that's a dead link. It's already been removed for violation of terms.

AtariLegend wrote:

So it seems it's pointing towards this being real, that sucks. It's not something I want to hear in full, it doesn't sound like Chinese Democracy or Use Your Illusion.

If it is real, the next album is bad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think Axl is a good composer, I'm happy to hear what he does in different styles.

For flat out vintage rock I have Slash...you know his next album is going to be all guitar rockers....leaves the page open for Axl to do fun stuff with Synths and whatever to me.

I think Axl has a really interesting artistic perspective with stuff, so I guess what I mean is, I'd be as curious to see how he made a "techo" record as I would be to see what else he does in hard rock. In a way maybe more so - as he;s already had his say with AFD...something like this is new ground.

Sky Dog wrote:
-Jack- wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I'm not a fan of IRS but the final version sounds way better than this:

Disagree. This version of IRS has so much funk, texture and feeling. You can tell Axl really was trying to do something epic before giving up and going "better just make it normal rock and roll to get this new record out faster!"

Shit. This version is miles ahead of the final mix in everything but audio quality... because it's just some low quality leak. But a high quality version of this arrangement of the song would just be epic on a Pink Floyd level almost. Maybe I'm just looking into it too much, but yeah. Forgot how good this version of the song was.

I like that...rough and raw

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

there is absolutely no way this is a guns n roses song and if it is, it`s the worst thing axl has ever done...

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

the chord progression at the start sounds like 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'

The way I look at this is its probably GNRs last album so he may as well go bat shit crazy and show us what the 15 years of drama was for...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

This version of IRS has so much funk, texture and feeling.

It sounds like a band, meaning people in a room writing and recording, instead of having the umpteenth guitarist come in and record a part in a noticeably differing sound quality. Since there's no Bucket, I'd imagine people playing here include Josh Freese and Paul Huge. Tommy and Josh go so well together it's a crime they never played live with the lineup, let alone release an album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
gibbo wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

Could someone PM me? many thanks smile

Iv put the audio in the download section

Once again, that's a dead link. It's already been removed for violation of terms.

i can upload again if you want it

Sky Dog wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

This version of IRS has so much funk, texture and feeling.

It sounds like a band, meaning people in a room writing and recording, instead of having the umpteenth guitarist come in and record a part in a noticeably differing sound quality. Since there's no Bucket, I'd imagine people playing here include Josh Freese and Paul Huge. Tommy and Josh go so well together it's a crime they never played live with the lineup, let alone release an album.

drums do sound different than Brain...notice that the solo is the one used for the first solo (Finck's) on the album. Cut and paste a guitar solo probably done in 1998 on an album released in 2008. Too fuckin funny.

Board footer