You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: "Blood in the Water" (NEW idea discussion)

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

"UMG Rep" from mygnr is claiming a couple of things.

They're saying that things are going to be added/announced on GN'R's official site this Friday at 11am PST. There's a hint that the "Better" video is being released to those in the fan club and possibly "Blood In The Water" will be streaming. The person said that the incentives to join the official site "are going to skyrocket this Friday"

I'm not re-posting this info to further what might be a trolling, I'm just passing along what's going on. The "UMG Rep" claims to be looking for feedback and opinions on the Blood In The Water leak.

I invited them over here because I think we have more to offer in the way of legit, solid opinions. If/when the person signs up I'm asking that everyone not just jump down their throat as a fake. If they're fake, we'll know by Friday. If they're legit, we'll know by then too.

On the off chance that it is someone from the label, I'd rather everyone here through out their honest opinion of the track. As I keep saying; this is the best user base out of all of the forums and I think the opinions found here should hold more weight.

I have never heard of or seen a rep from a record label soliciting opinion and feedback that way.  I don't believe that would ever happen, and as such, believe this is just a troll. 

I don't believe anything will happen on Friday.

Ali

Right. But all the person is claiming to be looking for is opinions on the track. So what's the harm in everyone sharing their opinions on what they've heard? Even if the person turns out to be fake, it doesn't seem as if harm could come from sharing your opinion of the track.

No real harm could be done.  But, frankly, as I'm inclined to not believe this individual and I have no idea what it is I'm listening to, I think giving him the feedback he is asking for is giving him and his posts attention not proven to be warranted at this juncture.

If and when there is official confirmation that this is a real, new GN'R track, and this "UMG rep" is truthful in his statements, I'm happy to give more detailed feedback.  Regardless, it's hard to comment on 40 seconds of a drum loop, some synth and one vocal melody line repeated over and over.  16  It's a catchy melody.  I don't know what to say beyond that.

Ali

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

So you gave your opinion on the poster and on the track. His ruse was brilliant; you denounced his game and played it anyway.

He wins either way if all he wants is some thunder leading up to Friday 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I tend to agree with Ali on this that an actual UMG rep would not come to a forum - let alone the official forum where they have his name and personal details to sign up - and then post confidential release plans and or spoil something the band/umg was planning - unless instructed to do so - and surely there's no point in stealing the thunder of the official site that way. Fastest way to the unemployment line. So while I welcome all new posters to chat - i'm going to have a hard time thinking it's someone legit from UMG.

What is interesting is that I think the song itself is real. Which does make you wonder how it's leaked. Maybe UMG has leaked to encourage Axl to sort out a deal with them? Or maybe someone in Axl's camp has leaked to divert attention from the RRHOF fallout....

In any event...this is the direction I like from GNR - something new to talk about, new music, not even CD remixes or whatever but an actual new song.

It will depend on what direction the song takes with it's twists and turns, and I'll probably get bashed for this view, but based on that snippet I kind of like it. Reminds me of "If the World" - sort of epic sounding, not like traditional GNR, but cool in it's own way and that hook is so catchy...really keen to hear the rest.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Moving on Starts NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sky Dog wrote:

I am leaning to the UMG guy being fake, but the clip being real. I am usually wrong about these things though.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

fake if you ask me... sounds way too much like something a gnr nerd could do with the moggs and too much time...

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

So you gave your opinion on the poster and on the track. His ruse was brilliant; you denounced his game and played it anyway.

He wins either way if all he wants is some thunder leading up to Friday 16

If I wanted to play his game I would've posted that in the MyGNR thread, not this one.  I was responding to Russ, not "UMG rep".  I deliberately did not post that in the MyGNR thread.

Ali

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Only 500 tuesdays Left!!!

Board footer