You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Which Queen album do you like the most?

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Freddie was in horrible shape at that point. Terribly emanciated, weak, Roger said they had to take extended breaks in filming for Freddie to rest, Roger stayed close to Freddie the whole shoot and even Freddie could tell "this is it".

His wardrobe assistant said that shirt he wears in the video was custom made of nothing but cashmere, so it could be extra soft because at that point his arms were so scarred up from infection, that even the slighest touch was very painful.

But he did it. Freddie can be proud of that accomplishment... how many artists get to say goodbye and "I still love you" to their fans in song?

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hardly anyone does that. Agreed! Freddie was a true fighter and one of the best front man in my opinion. When Axl won that poll for best singer, I had to roll my eyes. Not even close! I read something about that; but I didn't hear about all the pain within his arms from the infection. Roger was a true friend to Freddie. I could understand it was extremely difficult for Brian and John to deal with. That's why I love some of Queen's records because they always tried something new on each song. Nothing sounded the same.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You know i've dealt with it myself. I'm one of those, like Roger, that gets closer to someone tries to help even when they're at their worst.

While i've watched others, whom the person that is sick has helped or partied with over the years, just... disappear. Don't call, try to avoid them, that kind of thing.

For years it infuriated me, but after awhile I just understood... they don't know how to deal with it. When it's that 'deep' and that serious, certain people just emotionally shut down and can't deal with it, and kinda get lost. Is it selfish? Absolutely, but I don't think it's intentional.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah many people have been in those tough situations. I've spent these past few years discovering who my true friends are. The ones that will have my back and try to hang out with me even when we have different schedules. I try to be there for my friends no matter what even when they are going through some dark times.

Board footer