You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

A GNR show.

Which obviously sucks.

No idea why this turned out to be a 5 page thread.

Music in general sucks too.

Nah, not even a little.

Plenty of great music discussions going on outside of the GN'R section on this board.

And of course it's more than acceptable for members of this board voice their particular dislike of the current GN'R set list.

But please continue to stop by just to paint the entire user base and board with one brush.

Entire board? These threads are full of one thing; complaints and negativity. And we discussed the same in 2002, 2006, 2009, 2010 and 2011. If some naive fuck tries something positive he's shot down quicker than you can say "you could be mine", sometimes direct, sometimes in a passive aggressive undertone which strikes no one as "smart" except the guy who did it. There's close to no point in having these discussions, it's a simple mirror of the discussion three months ago, ten months ago or 22 months ago. I can even agree with the set list, but what the hell is the point with going on and on about it? There's nothing we can do, and I think we concluded that opinion two years ago; we dislike the set list and want new songs.

Anyone coming up with a new twist to these show discussions should get a medal. There's absolutely nothing new coming out of them, and people keep repeating themselves over and over. I can look at one nickname and instantly know what the person will post about, some more than others.

But wait, this is all Axl's fault, which makes our actions and posts legit since we cannot really be hold responsible for the discussions in the first place. Change the set list Axl, and put in a new song. At least then we can see some regular guys say it's all bad and nothing catchy (adding that they really didn't like Chinese in the first place which makes it a whooping 21 years since GNR released anything they liked with a different band - my mind will explode only by wondering why they are still around discussing this band), while some new users with their rave optimism can say it's the best thing since the birth of Jesus while the rest of us can at least try to have a decent discussion over the song.

That is, in a perfect universe.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

2010 Moscow Show:

Chinese Democracy
Jungle
ISE
Brownstone
Sorry
Fortus
LALD
TIL
Rocket Queen
Dizzy
Street of Dreams
You Could be Mine
DJ
SCOM
Another Brick in the Wall
November Rain
Pink Panther
Knocking on Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Madagascar
Better
PC

2012:

Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
ISE
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Richard Fortus Solo
Live and let die
TIL
Motivation
Dizzy solo
SOD
YCBM
DJ Ashba Solo
SCOM
Another Brick In The Wall
NR
BF solo
Don't Cry
Better
KOHD
NT
Maddy
PC

So Umm...yeah...I guess something they hadn't had yet was estranged wink

-D- wrote:

Gun$ N Ro$e$

No fuckin' shit. How absurdly lazy. Anybody that spent money on this, seriously next time just keep it and buy a kid an ice cream cone or something.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Well on the plus side, looking at some of the pictures on htgth, Axl looks pretty fit and trim so he's at least been doing something different than he has in all his other down times between recent tours.

On a side note, out the blue my local uk rock station posted up Better on their facebook page yesterday saying something like "never mind what you think about Axl Rose as a person this is a great song and Chinese Democracy was a good album." and unusually the vast majority of comments were positive. Its unusual cause that station is a home from home for Slash and Axl and his GNR usually get spoke about in a derisery tone.
Made me wonder if they are hoping to get an interview with someone in the band during the UK tour or they have booked someone.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Entire board? These threads are full of one thing; complaints and negativity. And we discussed the same in 2002, 2006, 2009, 2010 and 2011. If some naive fuck tries something positive he's shot down quicker than you can say "you could be mine", sometimes direct, sometimes in a passive aggressive undertone which strikes no one as "smart" except the guy who did it. There's close to no point in having these discussions, it's a simple mirror of the discussion three months ago, ten months ago or 22 months ago. I can even agree with the set list, but what the hell is the point with going on and on about it? There's nothing we can do, and I think we concluded that opinion two years ago; we dislike the set list and want new songs.

Anyone coming up with a new twist to these show discussions should get a medal. There's absolutely nothing new coming out of them, and people keep repeating themselves over and over. I can look at one nickname and instantly know what the person will post about, some more than others.

But wait, this is all Axl's fault, which makes our actions and posts legit since we cannot really be hold responsible for the discussions in the first place. Change the set list Axl, and put in a new song. At least then we can see some regular guys say it's all bad and nothing catchy (adding that they really didn't like Chinese in the first place which makes it a whooping 21 years since GNR released anything they liked with a different band - my mind will explode only by wondering why they are still around discussing this band), while some new users with their rave optimism can say it's the best thing since the birth of Jesus while the rest of us can at least try to have a decent discussion over the song.

That is, in a perfect universe.

16 And speaking of looking at a username and knowing exactly what they're gonna post..... You've become the most predictable poster here. Constant bitching and whining with your ever present sarcasm about how you hate this place and can't stand certain members. Blah Blah Blah . You're  a joke if you think certain "regulars" just can't wait for something new just to hate on it for the sake of it. Guess we should all just like whatever is handed to us no matter what right DCK?  I guess if something doesn't sound catchy to us we should just keep quiet or better yet lie and say we love it.   Yeah yeah yeah you're the coolest fan and your reasons for still posting are more legit than others and you have the best outlook. Honestly dude get a  grip.

Personally I can't wait for Axl to debut a new song so I can bitch about what order it's played in the setlist. I've saved that complaint for a rainy day.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'd vote DCK poster of the year so far. The sarcasm is so dead on. It really is.

It's funny that Duff was spineless and some posters lost all respect for him a few short months again. And with one subtle jab in an article directed at Axl, hallelujah! Duff is the picture of sainthood. Pristine integrity. A spine made of steel, I tell you! ... Until he opens for GN'R again. Then it'll be, "I've always hated that lanky, blonde headed pussy."

And it's not just negativtiy, or bitching about everything, or going after anything positive that's posted and run it down. Unfortunately, I've gotten pretty used to that. But now, it's getting to the point where no one can have a positive opinion that isn't called an Axlite, rose-colored glasses, demented, or just plain out wrong. I don't understand the mentallity of, "I'm going to sit on this GN'R message board and tell anyone who cares about the band or the music that no one cares about the band, no one likes them, your opinion doesn't matter, so say I and only my opinion matters. Not even you. You're only here because you are metally incompetent. Because I say so" It's like some bizarro jarmo world. Where people look for ANY comment to go after that doesn't fit their guidelines.

And it needs to stop getting so personal. Seriously.

"Personally I can't wait for Axl to debut a new song so I can bitch about what order it's played in the setlist. I've saved that complaint for a rainy day."

And how! 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

What is there to like about this band right now? Seriously what is there? You think it's so asinine that people hang around here to "complain" yet you hang around here to praise.... what exactly? Honestly you think the people calling a spade a spade have issues?  Let me tell you why some of us continue to post since clearly you like the capacity to grasp this concept. Most of us are fans of Axl Rose's talent so even if some of us didn't like CD we hope that at some point in this lifetime new material may surface. Some of you are of the mindset that since we didn't like CD there's no way in hell we'd like what's next and so why are we even fans of a "band" we don't like. Well that line of thinking boarders on idiotic because I don't think there is anyone on this board who doesn't like the so called band. 

Fans have been told to get on board or fuck off. Axl  has ranted and raved about moving forward with THIS band and yet nothing ever happens. I honestly believe that the so called negative fans are wanting to move forward way more than the fans who sit back and prasie the stagnant bullshit with a never ending benifit of the doubt.

You think it's lame that some of us have no problem calling a spade a spade,  well what would be really  stupid is if we were all here holding hands singing the gospel  "Hallelujah Guns N' Roses have conquered Russia!!! Let us rejoice!!!  My goodness Axl looks fit 20 "  It's hilarious that the undying positivity and justification that flows from some of you is for a guy that is incredibly negative and bitches about everything and yet the fans that aren't afraid to acknowldege how lame this whole situation is get shit on by the people who support a guy who is likely the gumpiest most jaded and negative old man in the business.  Oh irony.

It's like some of you are afraid to call it like it is because if you did the illusion you've created would be shattered.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

same setlist... who wouldve guessed... same old discussion who would've guessed 16

the same band yet again has to count for something...at least there is some stability happening here

the more comfortable axl is then the more likelyhood he will venture out side the safety of his little bubble and maybe try somethign new

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

What is there to like about this band right now? Seriously what is there? You think it's so asinine that people hang around here to "complain" yet you hang around here to praise.... what exactly? Honestly you think the people calling a spade a spade have issues?  Let me tell you why some of us continue to post since clearly you like the capacity to grasp this concept. Most of us are fans of Axl Rose's talent so even if some of us didn't like CD we hope that at some point in this lifetime new material may surface. Some of you are of the mindset that since we didn't like CD there's no way in hell we'd like what's next and so why are we even fans of a "band" we don't like. Well that line of thinking boarders on idiotic because I don't think there is anyone on this board who doesn't like the so called band. 

Fans have been told to get on board or fuck off. Axl  has ranted and raved about moving forward with THIS band and yet nothing ever happens. I honestly believe that the so called negative fans are wanting to move forward way more than the fans who sit back and prasie the stagnant bullshit with a never ending benifit of the doubt.

You think it's lame that some of us have no problem calling a spade a spade,  well what would be really  stupid is if we were all here holding hands singing the gospel  "Hallelujah Guns N' Roses have conquered Russia!!! Let us rejoice!!!  My goodness Axl looks fit 20 "  It's hilarious that the undying positivity and justification that flows from some of you is for a guy that is incredibly negative and bitches about everything and yet the fans that aren't afraid to acknowldege how lame this whole situation is get shit on by the people who support a guy who is likely the gumpiest most jaded and negative old man in the business.  Oh irony.

It's like some of you are afraid to call it like it is because if you did the illusion you've created would be shattered.

Thank you, you proved my point perfectly.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer