You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

Sky Dog wrote:

The sad thing is I don't think Axl cares if either of you go or not...and I don't mean that in a positive way towards Axl either. mad

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

i guess what they've been saying must not be true.

Was that an intentional "hair of the dog" style quote or am I just realllllllly tired.... 3

yes, it was

war

war wrote:

not to add fuel to the fire but another thing to consider regarding the set lists...........

considering that the hardcores are the only ones interested in new/unheard songs and b sides to be played live and we are in the minimum at the shows.................

one could say gnr is doing what the majority of the fans want.

and considering my opinion, which only axl knows whether or not it's true in his case, that no band wants to play 25 plus year old songs live every night and would rather play newer songs that they are more excited about at the moment................

it seems a bit stiff to say gnr is dialing it in or what not.

in fact you could even say not only is axl not giving the middle finger to the fans but is sacrificing what would be more enjoyable for him to do in favor of pleasing the masses that are attending his shows.

i think the disappointment in the set list which is coming from a bunch of people that are primarily not going to the shows is more a result of a lack of new studio material after an initial lack of new studio material followed a cd tour with no cd followed by cd with no promotion or tour followed by several more cd tours and no new studio material in sight.

to sum it all up: we waited so long for cd, a few year later it and any touring gnr does is no longer enough.

we need more.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

not to add fuel to the fire but another thing to consider regarding the set lists...........

considering that the hardcores are the only ones interested in new/unheard songs and b sides to be played live and we are in the minimum at the shows.................

one could say gnr is doing what the majority of the fans want.

and considering my opinion, which only axl knows whether or not it's true in his case, that no band wants to play 25 plus year old songs live every night and would rather play newer songs that they are more excited about at the moment................

it seems a bit stiff to say gnr is dialing it in or what not.

in fact you could even say not only is axl not giving the middle finger to the fans but is sacrificing what would be more enjoyable for him to do in favor of pleasing the masses that are attending his shows.

i think the disappointment in the set list which is coming from a bunch of people that are primarily not going to the shows is more a result of a lack of new studio material after an initial lack of new studio material followed a cd tour with no cd followed by cd with no promotion or tour followed by several more cd tours and no new studio material in sight.

to sum it all up: we waited so long for cd, a few year later it and any touring gnr does is no longer enough.

we need more.

One could also argue they are running out of fans and should probably do whatever they can to keep the remaining ones.

war

war wrote:

that is true but touring the songs that most people want to hear and putting on conistetnly solid shows, although it isn't all they can do, is certainly better than not touring at all or playing a bunch of bsides or unheard of songs that you and i want to hear on youtube.

in order, from greatest to least, what would have the biggest impact towards pleasing the most fans IMO:

1. reunion
2. what they are doing now - touring the classics/cd
3. releasing a new album

if they were to start releasing studio material regularly in between tours that would be the most ideal option behind a reunion.

Sky Dog wrote:

He is not losing any casual fans. He is losing....slowly but surely....his hardcore fanbase which will be what props him up over time. Guys like me and Jon that aren't interested in going to another show unless he starts releasing new music. I don't give a flying fuck who the guitarist is at this point. I want to see if Axl has anything left to offer as an artist.

There will be no reunion so forget that.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Same here. Decided to blank the Dublin gig unless I get a freebie.
Axl might feel he has a point to prove there and I could be missing out but the blanket advertising on Dublin radio is telling me that this gig is not near sold out.
Sadly, in this time of recession I have more to do with €70.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Then don't go. I mean, that's all I can say. If the setlist means THAT much to you, then don't see them. It's an easy fix.

i'm not going.

Problem solved.

johndivney wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the 2002 shows sucked ass compared to the show now plus Axl looked like a jerk off.

he was braver then tho.

This strikes me as funny, seeing he did identical setlists night after night, he sailed through performances save a few songs, he showed up even later than he does now to start a show, and in his gym clothes, no less. And he didn't even finish the tour, that he didn't even want to do (and showed it almost every night) to begin with. But he was braver. Okay.

He only played new songs because he had to. Which was a feeble attempt to establish the new line up with its own identity.

The only thing that matters now is a new album. Not setlists. Not playing Double Talkin Jive. Not a better organization, management or new merch. Not a tour. Not a show. But an album. Period. End of story.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Olorin wrote:

GNR are in Dublin rehearsing just like the press release ages ago said they would be. Whether or not they are rehearsing new material like the press release said is anyones guess, pretty fuckin unlikely is mine.

I don't wanna get my hopes up, but I have to admit I'm kinda excited for the Dublin show!

From their Twitter:

@gunsnroses: in Dublin... hearing bells.. about to get rehearsing... nuf said.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

whats with the bells

Board footer