You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Guns N Roses Requst 20 Models For Front Row Of Glasgow Concert

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Depends on the girl though...my GF is 10 years younger than me but *really* smart (like genius type smart) so I don't even notice any kind of age difference  (other than her not remembering Masters of the Universe and similar cultural milestones in my life!!!) because she's usually like two sentences ahead of me in whatever i'm saying or thinking wink

Maybe you're the dumb one.  wink

It's always a possibility wink

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jimmy Page and Steven Tyler both had 13 yo girlfriends in ther 30s. Ted Nugent sought out underage girls. Axl is nowhere near that.

When I was 17 I was doing my damndest to get with this 40 year old chick. She was friggin hot.

Some of this shit is just crazy. 50 yo and a 19 yo is not a big deal. She's an adult, so is he. Good Lord.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

If you really really really really love me
You'd never make me hang out with your family
Your mum sucks and your dad really hates me
When I try to borrow money he berates me
Somehow he thinks that I'm too old for you
'Cause you're 19 and I'm 52
He can't see that you really really really really really really love me
You really really really really really really really really love me
If you really really love me

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

Jimmy Page and Steven Tyler both had 13 yo girlfriends in ther 30s. Ted Nugent sought out underage girls. Axl is nowhere near that.

When I was 17 I was doing my damndest to get with this 40 year old chick. She was friggin hot.

Some of this shit is just crazy. 50 yo and a 19 yo is not a big deal. She's an adult, so is he. Good Lord.

For the record, being 45 and married for 17 years with a 13 year old daughter, I am not exactly hunting down 21 year olds. And, the thought of Jimmy Page, even in his Golden God years, with my daughter is terrifying to say the least!

However, if I'm 45 and single, like I said, everything above 21 would be fair game. I'm not, so back to reality. 16

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Yeah I can agree with what u say. It's just pretty disturbing to see one of your idols banging a chick 31 years younger than himself. Sure hes a rock star and I'm not asking him to be a role model for kids/teens. But at some point u gotta draw a line and IMO he's crossed the line for me

Did one of these models claim she slept with Axl?  I must have missed that part.  Perhaps hasty thread-reading on my part again 16

Ali

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think what irks me the most is that we're talking about consenting adults (and we don't know if this came directly from Axl, or if Axl even did anything) and comparing them to the scurge, absolute most evil and vile group of people walking the face of the earth . To quote Jules from Pulp Fiction, it ain't even the same sport, it ain't even in the same fuckin universe. I'm mean, it's just stupid. Again, these are consenting ADULTS.

If you want to call Ted Nugent a pedophile, go ahead. He actively sought out underage girls. Partying with some 20 year old models isn't the same thing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Not illegal.  A little creepy, especially when you have to go begging for them, but clearly not illegal.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think Fernando did it......he looks a bit creepy!:D

misterID

misterID wrote:

Fernando and Del were the names that popped into my mind after Ron's post 16

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think what irks me the most is that we're talking about consenting adults (and we don't know if this came directly from Axl, or if Axl even did anything) and comparing them to the scurge, absolute most evil and vile group of people walking the face of the earth . To quote Jules from Pulp Fiction, it ain't even the same sport, it ain't even in the same fuckin universe. I'm mean, it's just stupid. Again, these are consenting ADULTS.

If you want to call Ted Nugent a pedophile, go ahead. He actively sought out underage girls. Partying with some 20 year old models isn't the same thing.

Agreed.  The word "pedophile" is a word with very strong negative connotations, and rightfully so, and should not be tossed around in cases where it does not apply.  As you said, the original article mentions it was the promoter's request, then lumps in "the band" - which BBF later denied.  Some words, like pedophile and rapist, shouldn't be thrown around in situations when they do not apply.  I agree with that sentiment.

Ali

Board footer