You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: State of GNRevolution (PLEASE READ, discuss)

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm a little different to you guys in that I'd be keen to see the current line up record something.

I like DJs riffs, bumble could add some impossible solos, and with frank on drums and so on I can see it sounding good.

The other thing is Axl. At this point there's been so many years of shows of him singing old songs with hit or miss live voice that I think it's easy to forget the obvious: that he's written some great stuff in the past, and that issues with his voice can be hidden in the studio.

I have faith in Axl as a songwriter. I'm sure people who don't like Chinese Democracy would disagree, but I think his lyrics and melodies are often very interesting. I'm sure with this line up he could write some songs I'd like.

For that matter, it would be interesting to hear the older industrial CD2 tracks at this stage anyway....all those things we half know of and some people have heard and so on.

So i guess the question is what does happen next.

Is Buzz right that this is the end? Will there be a long break followed by another release of some kind? Will there be a break followed by occasional 1 off shows in a few years? Will there be some kind of reunion in a few years if Axl runs out of cashflow...or will he simply retire for good......

I hope we get something else released at some stage...but I understand why people are skeptical.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ lol

I don't mean to be a dick..but there's been plenty of times we've called it quits for them before and they kept on....

I personaly think this tour will finish. We'll hear fuck all for 18-24 months then we'll see either a new album or a return to the festival thing if the band is still at war with uni.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I agree with Monkey Axl will keep on keeping on in some capacity. 

Remember he wrote Dead Horse afterall  16

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm a little different to you guys in that I'd be keen to see the current line up record something.

I like DJs riffs, bumble could add some impossible solos, and with frank on drums and so on I can see it sounding good.

The other thing is Axl. At this point there's been so many years of shows of him singing old songs with hit or miss live voice that I think it's easy to forget the obvious: that he's written some great stuff in the past, and that issues with his voice can be hidden in the studio.

I have faith in Axl as a songwriter. I'm sure people who don't like Chinese Democracy would disagree, but I think his lyrics and melodies are often very interesting. I'm sure with this line up he could write some songs I'd like.

For that matter, it would be interesting to hear the older industrial CD2 tracks at this stage anyway....all those things we half know of and some people have heard and so on.

So i guess the question is what does happen next.

Is Buzz right that this is the end? Will there be a long break followed by another release of some kind? Will there be a break followed by occasional 1 off shows in a few years? Will there be some kind of reunion in a few years if Axl runs out of cashflow...or will he simply retire for good......

I hope we get something else released at some stage...but I understand why people are skeptical.

listening to this in my car right now...great tune...

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again
big_smile

Sky Dog wrote:

ummmm...you wanna know why Axl is touring.....looks like a good time to me......scroll down to the video and jump to the 1:10 mark.....throwing down the tequila....
http://celebs.nana10.co.il/Article/?ArticleID=908876

Lomax wrote:

How the hell did you find that?

Sky Dog wrote:

I'm a magician.......

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I clicked the link on my work computer, then closed it when it appeared to link to a foreign site.  I hope I don't get fired over it...

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I clicked the link on my work computer, then closed it when it appeared to link to a foreign site.  I hope I don't get fired over it...

uhm, are you serious, or am I missing the joke here? Half of the internet is "foreign", why would you get fired for visiting a "foreign" site?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer