You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: State of GNRevolution (PLEASE READ, discuss)

Bono wrote:

The problem with an Axl book is it would be nothing but blame and redirecting any responsibility onto anyone else. The guy doesn't have an objective bone in his body. It's all "poor me everyone is out ta get me" I would find it very difficult to get through a book by Axl where everything is a big smoke and mirrors job to show how hard done by he was.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I see what you mean but to me it's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Axl might (or may not in some cases)  be wrong about faults and blame, but for me it would be curious to understand the world as he believes it is if you know what I mean.

It would help rationalise the pure bizarre nature of the history of the band.

I'd love it if he'd literally write a tell all book that explained his psychology and actions for better or worse at every step. But I gather he's unlikely to do it because it would probably reactivate a lot of sadness for him.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

A book by Axl would be incredibly incoherent if we are to go by any of his recent ramblings. Yes, he would fill in some missing pieces. However, it would likely only be self serving in the end....just like all these books by former members.

Again, the two guys that started the band seem to be the ones that won't comment or participate in anything that celebrates the past. ODD. sad

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

kind of in a middle ground right now on the band...i do like hte people here though...missed you guys but i needed a break...we'll see if i become a regular again or if i just pop in a coupel times a week

i would love a book by axl...of course it will be from his own pov and self serving....why else write a memoire?

i havent read steven's or Duff's books yet but they are on my list...loved slash's book even if he did his own fair share of finger pointing and passing excuses....was still a good read

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I would be very curious to read a book by Axl.  It would be interesting to get a further insight into his warped mind.  16

Agree it would be self serving just like the other guy's books.  But his perception of stuff I'm sure would be entertaining. It would probably help to piece together some of the stories and events that we only have one sides take on.

I actually wish that Slash hadn't written his book until now - after the HOF.  I think it would have a slightly different tone about it.  Yeah you could argue that Slash didn't paint Axl too good in his book, but shit I'm sure he held back a lot and could have really gone to town on him, but dind't for diplomatic reasons.  I don't think he would be so diplomatic if he wrote it now. JMO.

ppp

ppp wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yeah I would be very curious to read a book by Axl.  It would be interesting to get a further insight into his warped mind.  16

Agree it would be self serving just like the other guy's books.  But his perception of stuff I'm sure would be entertaining. It would probably help to piece together some of the stories and events that we only have one sides take on.

I actually wish that Slash hadn't written his book until now - after the HOF.  I think it would have a slightly different tone about it.  Yeah you could argue that Slash didn't paint Axl too good in his book, but shit I'm sure he held back a lot and could have really gone to town on him, but dind't for diplomatic reasons.  I don't think he would be so diplomatic if he wrote it now. JMO.

I think he would, simply because Slash is smart to know that if he let's loose on Axl, Axl will let loose on him right back. I don't think it had anything to do with the hall. I'm sure Slash has quite a few skeletons in his closet that he doesn't want made public either

johndivney wrote:

Yea I'd tend to agree w/ppp on that one.

Aussie why do u think Slash'd have a different tone? Has he said anything post-HoF about Axl?
Certainly it gives him more ammo to turn the fans against Axl if he wanted to pursue that angle. But it looks to me that Slash is almost a little fed-up w/the GnR question & Axl blame-game..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I would need a full IV of heavy drugs and fluids to read anything Axl puts out.

Not only will it be "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind II", but knowing Axl the sum bitch will be as thick at the DEA's jacket on "Columbia sector B".

Holy jeez. I greatly look forward to reading this, "Chapter 3: The Girl Who Tripped Me At Recess in the 3rd Grade" being about 120 pages. Then of course we'll work our way down to "Chapter 14: The Dude Who Farted, Blamed It On Me, and Embarassed Me in front of the Girl I Was Trying to Ask Out in the 7th Grade". That's another 201 pages.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I would welcome an Axl book. With some polishing from professionals, it will shine. The guy is good with words, IF someone stops him when he should be stopped.

Slash can barely write, Duff is perhaps a better writer than a bass player these days (says a lot) and Axl might be somewhere between those two - but perhaps more "deep" than what Duff did. This shit is Axl's stronghold. You can make jokes on it and what it will contain, but Axl's talent lies in this shit. Slash can stick to what he can do, playing guitar and maybe Axl should stick less to playing old hits and more to writing songs. Transform that talent into a book, and it will be a most interesting read. I've read all of Nikki Sixx's stuff, Steven Tyler, Slash, Duff, Butch Walker. Most of them have clearly been edited by professionals. In Duff and Butch's books, you can see that it needed less editing than others. If someone can hold Axl back on his worst mental surgeries of his, it will be superb.

Board footer