You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: State of GNRevolution (PLEASE READ, discuss)

Bono wrote:

I started in 2001 on the old mygnr message board. Then migrated into the mygnr forum. It was a cool place back then with lost of great posters but Madison banned me basically because I asked to be removed as  moderator 16 me a moderator. I asked to be removed. see I am level headed. Anyways I checked out HTGTH and from day one felt that place was  a shit hole. I didn't last long there. I just quit. It sucked so bad. Then it became GnR Unleashed and ROV and James and I talked quite a bit back then tossing ideas around and stuff. I then took a long hiatus and when I came back ROV was gone so I'm not even sure how I found this place just came upon it and saw that James was  running the show. I believe that was back in 2007. Anyways since then this place has really become the best fan forum on the internet. The user base here is unlike any other place. Sure I  think some of you are dicks but I also think some of my real life friends are dicks too. If I didn't like posting here or if I didn't like the members I'd have left long ago like I did at HTGTH.  Hell I'm a dick but I can honestly say every time I login it's a fresh start to me. I've argued with everyone, agreed with everyone and everyone here is pretty cool. The one thing I've noticed about this place is even the most hostile debates never even come close to the garbage you see on the other sites.

I'll keep logging in and I'll keep posting. like Buzz I'll stay until I'm kicked out 16 or my interest fades away.

I like the off sections as well. Hollywood Boulavard and the sports section I'm in quite often. Black Hole is always good and the Garden

I love you all.... just kidding. Fuck You Guys

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Change NOTHING.

I came here from CD.com 6 years ago (!!!) And I'm never fucking leaving.
I love this board as is for the same reasons today as I did then.
Waaay back when Ol Furbush called himself "tylerdurden"...

Sure, shit's been getting squirrely lately, but this too, shall pass.
In the half decade plus that I've been a member of this place, I've joined no less than 5 other forums with a variety of main topics... MetallicaBB, the down board, Celticsblog, etc.. and while there are a bunch of great posts on those boards, they can't hold my attention unless something big is happening with the main subject. I'll lurk for a day or two, maybe post a couple sentences, and I forget about the place for a year.
Everyone so far has it nailed with EVO... I came here for Guns, and I stay for the community... I at least scan the latest thread updates here every other day at a minimum. I could go a month without even glancing at the GNR section.

The intelligence of our community here in unmatched. Sure, motherfuckers (including myself) have been getting a little testy about Uncle Axl lately, but it sure as fuck ain't the first time, and it won't be the last.

Another anomaly around here, is that GNR isn't even the favorite band of the most prolific posters...

I know if I wanna talk about any band I like, there are my BOYS at EVO (Axlin, BLSPride, Neemo) that'll be just as knowledgeable and excited to talk about the shit as me...

We all know who to go to....

Soundgarden... Lofton
U2... Bono
Elvis.. Russ
VH... MeWise

All of the off topic threads are engaging and current, no matter what is going on...

I was recently asked by a very good friend of mine to join HIS guns board, and... Well... I did.

The problem was/is, since then... I haven't been there once.

Yeah... Don't change a fucking THING, bro...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I definitely enjoy the non-GN'R sections, especially Hollywood Boulevard.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

This is a cool place i dont say much coz am shit at writting but i read most stuff \nn/ i thought it was pretty cool watching a few live gnr streams with few fellas and getting live updates

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

One thing I would suggest given the evolution of Gn'R and the name of this site itself,  is a new banner at the top of the site. I realize it's not as easy as clicking a button and at the same time it's kinda long over due since it's outdated as DJ isn't even on it.  Also as cool as the current one looks I've never been overly keen on Buckethead being the figurehead of the banner.  In my honest opinion if we're to support the new band while respecting the old band I think Bucket, Robin and Paul should be in the shadowy background ala Slash, Izzy and Gilby while DJ, Ron and Richard should be front and center.  There's 9 of them so 3 CD era guys to the left, 3 current guys in the middle, 3 AFD/Illusion guys to the right.

Just a suggestion. Or something totally new and fresh.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

iphone app would be good

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

I dont think i would spend as much time on here if it wasnt for Bono and MisterID arguments 16:haha::thumbup:

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

Bono 5

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer