You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: State of GNRevolution (PLEASE READ, discuss)

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm buying into the notion that they are winding down.  Could be coincidence, but there are a lot of things pointing in that direction.  I think it's reflective of the interest level in this band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting...what makes you say that Buzz? There's the selling off of equipment..and obviously the lack of new material surfacing....

Anything else?

Sky Dog wrote:

I will say I am not that excited about hearing an album of all new material from the 2012 version. I know they are having a good time on the road, but I just can't get by the fact that I am not a huge fan of the guitarists-personality wise or style wise. Certainly, I am not a big enough fan to wait around another 5 years to watch this incarnation play studio games on Axl's Merry Go Round.

I can handle DJ going in and putting his spin on some solos and riffs like Ron did. However, if they are all going to go in and build songs from the ground up...all 8 of them...I just don't have the attention span to do that again. hmm

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … 48590.3940

to lighten things up, some funny pics of Axl on the road.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Oh God..the first one was fucking hysterical! 14 The man has a sense of humor that's for sure!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Interesting...what makes you say that Buzz? There's the selling off of equipment..and obviously the lack of new material surfacing....

Anything else?

They are just dumping everything.  The shows are stale as ever.  There's absolutely NOTHING else going on, etc.  People in general just aren't interested anymore.  It's been a slow decline, but it's pretty marked if you look at 2008 vs 2010 vs 2012.  It's kind of like when my mom was dying...my dad was there every day and didn't notice the deteriorization, but since I olny saw her a couple times a year, it was very obvious to me.  We've all been paying too close attention to really notice.

It's just my opinion...I have no facts to prove this.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They've been on the road four years. FOUR YEARS. I think everyone is burned out. And it makes sense that they'll be taking a long break here soon, so the unloading of stuff doesn't surprise me.

Agree with Sky Dog, I'll take all of the 2002-06 leaks over a new album from this line up.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And 41 hours is nothing. What was the longest, like 2-3 weeks without a post on the main boards?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Equipment is no big deal. Prince used to sell stuff he no longer neeeded all the time

Board footer