You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: State of GNRevolution (PLEASE READ, discuss)

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

And 41 hours is nothing. What was the longest, like 2-3 weeks without a post on the main boards?

The GNR section has been avoided because every thread evolves into the same petty arguments over and over and over.  Insults will be thrown and around and around we go.  It's childish and tiresome to sift through.

To be fair, the main reason things have gotten to this point is because the band has become a bit stale.  There's not much NEW going on to get excited about or discuss.  The shows, while still solid, don't offer much excitement to those of us not attending.  It's time to move on.  And this time, I mean it.  Hopefully Axl sees it that way.

Sky Dog wrote:

What the fuck are you talkin' about you jackass? The band is on fire....kicking ass in Israel as we speak! They just opened with Chinese-Jungle-Easy-and Brownstone. It's on and is better than ever. Awesome f'n setlist and if you don't like it you can suck a dog's ass....:lol:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm a little different to you guys in that I'd be keen to see the current line up record something.

I like DJs riffs, bumble could add some impossible solos, and with frank on drums and so on I can see it sounding good.

The other thing is Axl. At this point there's been so many years of shows of him singing old songs with hit or miss live voice that I think it's easy to forget the obvious: that he's written some great stuff in the past, and that issues with his voice can be hidden in the studio.

I have faith in Axl as a songwriter. I'm sure people who don't like Chinese Democracy would disagree, but I think his lyrics and melodies are often very interesting. I'm sure with this line up he could write some songs I'd like.

For that matter, it would be interesting to hear the older industrial CD2 tracks at this stage anyway....all those things we half know of and some people have heard and so on.

So i guess the question is what does happen next.

Is Buzz right that this is the end? Will there be a long break followed by another release of some kind? Will there be a break followed by occasional 1 off shows in a few years? Will there be some kind of reunion in a few years if Axl runs out of cashflow...or will he simply retire for good......

I hope we get something else released at some stage...but I understand why people are skeptical.

Sky Dog wrote:

no reunion...maybe some new songs by the end of the year but nothing that will make me feel like I am 21 again. So, I hope for a song or two from Axl, at some point, that makes my short hairs tickle.....like Civil War did and SCOM before that.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

When Axl moves forward, I will mark harder than an 8 year old Bieber Fever  fan getting a new T Shirt.

till then.. I am in hibernation.

-D-

-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm a little different to you guys in that I'd be keen to see the current line up record something.

I like DJs riffs, bumble could add some impossible solos, and with frank on drums and so on I can see it sounding good.

The other thing is Axl. At this point there's been so many years of shows of him singing old songs with hit or miss live voice that I think it's easy to forget the obvious: that he's written some great stuff in the past, and that issues with his voice can be hidden in the studio.

I have faith in Axl as a songwriter. I'm sure people who don't like Chinese Democracy would disagree, but I think his lyrics and melodies are often very interesting. I'm sure with this line up he could write some songs I'd like.

For that matter, it would be interesting to hear the older industrial CD2 tracks at this stage anyway....all those things we half know of and some people have heard and so on.

So i guess the question is what does happen next.

Is Buzz right that this is the end? Will there be a long break followed by another release of some kind? Will there be a break followed by occasional 1 off shows in a few years? Will there be some kind of reunion in a few years if Axl runs out of cashflow...or will he simply retire for good......

I hope we get something else released at some stage...but I understand why people are skeptical.

problem is, I don't think Axl has any clue when it comes to guitars and that part of the songwriting. hence the re recording of AFD etc and he seemingly trying to figure out how that style came to be.

so u get an album over the top with what Axl does. In the right moderation, Axl's epic stuff is gold.  CD u get the same theme just way too much, terrible production etc etc etc.

its like Axl doesn't have confidence in himself so he hides behind 5000 unnecessary layers.

You make CD a nicely mixed, clean 2 guitar, bass, drum, keyboard, effects, vocals album, and i think it would've been legendary.

Take "Better" for instance. outside nails on chalkboard intro, that song and one of the leaks we got in 06 was fucking epicly amazing. I think it was a Buckethead version. It absolutely kicked so much ass. I'd sit and fucking rock out to it.

fast Forward to CD, weak guitars, pittman's video game farts.... and i can't listen to it.  also see catcher, SOD and even Madagascar is nowhere as good as some of the earlier leaks. Fuck, on the album Axl doesn't even pause during the opening verse after "I"  before going to the won't be told part. Huh???

Sky Dog wrote:

said it before, the orchestration, keyboards, bass and drums are all great on CD. Unfortunately, they are buried under a minimum of 6 guitar tracks on almost every song...some bad guitar tracks. The bass and drums are really buried which pisses me off because Brain and Tommy have some killer stuff going on.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Oh hell yeah was blown away by tommy on moggs

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah those Remixes and Mogg files really captured Tommy's playing and especially Brain's drum work. Some of the overdubs get quite confusing for me. Especially the guitar and keyboard parts. At times Richard's rhythm areas with the other tracks feel unnecessary if Tobias already written and helped record the majority of it on the final product even though I hear Ron's stronger guitar alot more clearer either on his solos or backing instrument parts. Then of course you have the leads of Robin and Bucket coming through the mix.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Delete

Board footer