You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Mönchengladbach, Germany 06/08/12

johndivney wrote:

Hey wait, I got another new set list complaint!

Axl has never embraced the idea of 'less is more'. What I mean is, these endurance test sets are good but I think they could make as great an impact w/a shorter more compact set (which could also increase variety).
Just food for thought is all. Streamline it & the power'll still be pronounced & the weaker moments removed.
But that's nvr been part of his philosophy...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

For the record it isn't me shitting on Bumble, DJ, Richard, Dizzy etc.

I hate solos in general unless its Tommy Lee doing something crazy on his drum solo stuff, Kiss do awesome solos with tons of pyro and effects, and I like Slash's Godfather into SCOM

other than that, I loathe any solos

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He should replace Sorry with IRS. That song rocks live AND he sings it well 16

Sorry doesn't come off well on the vids, either.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Boy you guys were fuckin' totaled. Other than Angry Anderson, I don't think anybody other than Axl was singing anything on that 2007 Australian tour.

Tommy didn't start getting solo spots until 2009, AND he never wore glasses.

So without further ado....

HUH?

This freak Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys

Oh yeah, "Liquor and Whores". Forgot about that one.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not bagging on anyone who brings up "Axl looks fit", and trust me I could care less about his weight, but I go into hysterics when people say "Axl looks better than he did; looks like he's been working out"

He looks fatter each year on this tour. HOWEVER -- I still don't find the guy "fat".

Just wanted to say that. I hate when Axl's weight is even brought up, because it forces me to think about it, then I realize how delusional the fan boys are.

Regardless, it doesn't seem to affect Axl's wind power. The dude cannot be "out of shape". He doesn't get near as winded as he did in 2002, even now, and he can still hold his notes with tons of power, despite the lack of rasp.

jmho

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Whatever he was drinking, snorting or fucking in 2006, he needs to get back on pronto.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He didnt look remotely fat when I seen him and sounded pretty fucking great. Looking back at the Reading footage from 2010, he was a lot chubbier then than now.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

See I disagree. When I was standing only a few feet away from him and he had that GOOFY biker jacket zipped up on, you could see the beer gut. And that's exactly what it is. Beer gut. The extra chin emerging is just coming from age. Happens to all of us (except Jagger).

But Axl was just as big when I saw him as he looked at Reading, Rio IV, Joint 2011, Forum 2011, HOB 2012, etc.

I haven't seen any change. The best he looked, "of this tour", was when the Asian leg started in late 2009.

misterID wrote:

Whatever he was drinking, snorting or fucking in 2006, he needs to get back on pronto.

A-to-the-fuckin'-men. He looked fucking awesome in 2006. I like the fact he's trying to do this "throwback 1993" Axl thing right now with the straight hair and 80's rocker look, which is cool... but he just looked so timeless in 2006. He looked like a fashion star in those days. He was slimmer. His hair being pulled back made him look younger. He looked screen-ready everytime he walked out the door.

It might've been his last 'hurrah' physically before age set in. Just a guess. I remember Del making some public statement in 2006 or 2007 basically telling all the "haters" that Axl had not had work, and he just had good genetics that kept him looking younger than he actually was.

Wonder what they'd say in 2012. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

2006 Axl with his regular hair would kick ass....:mosh:

Board footer