You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction 25th Anniversary Fan Pack

Axlin16 wrote:

"Tacky" ?

From you?

Dude, how in the fucking hell are these guys ever gonna be Guns N' Roses, if they can't do anything, or even associate their songs, with the past catalog at all?

They HAVE to use it. One song of there's, themed like the old band, is the only way. Its always been that way. Always. No matter how many Robin Finck, Bucket nerds convince themselves that circus would've set the world on fire in 2001.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

These are two different eras, it's too controversial of a subject, anyway. I think it would be disrespectful to use the old line up to try and push the new one. This isn't playing a concert, or having a heavy AFD setlist. I agree with the AFD/UYI centric setlist, you got the name GN'R, you have that to live up to. But it's deliberately trying to piggy back off the old line up on an album that is celebrating the old line ups hits, era, all that other stuff. So, yeah, it'd be real tacky.

And being a BucketFinck nerd, I don't think they would have set the world on fire, but they would have been a great band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I have no fuckin' doubt they would've been a great band -- but it was never meant to be.

That's what frustrates me about what Axl has right now. HE FINALLY FOUND IT! He's got THE BAND. The SUCCESSOR. The TRUE REBOOT. These guys have been together since 2009. What other version of GN'R has been that stable?

And?

*crickets*

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Stable doesn't always mean better. Ron and DJ are far and away the nicest, most open, fan friendly guys GN'R has ever had. Robin and Bucket were no doubt none of those things. I'd still take Robin and Bucket.

That line up had 5 years together. No albums. We should have at least had three in that time span. So, stability in a line up doesn't say a lot when you spend most of the time sitting on your ass, not releasing anything. the only difference here is that the guys talk. They're actually completeing tours. They actually seem to like each other. And THIS line up has released exactly the same amount of albums as the 02 line up. Zero.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

I have no fuckin' doubt they would've been a great band -- but it was never meant to be.

That's what frustrates me about what Axl has right now. HE FINALLY FOUND IT! He's got THE BAND. The SUCCESSOR. The TRUE REBOOT. These guys have been together since 2009. What other version of GN'R has been that stable?

And?

*crickets*

Agreed! We need that next step "album" this year or an actual plan of action that relates to moving forward to this band. Instead of just touring with no new material. I love the way they do the shows; but we need to know that this band is legit and for people to believe that it's not just the nostalgia of the playing and finding a way to cope without a reunion.  DJ wants it, Ron wants it, Tommy wants it, and so do the other guys. Come on Axl!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I would love to see some remixing of UYI one day. Now that would be the tricky thing. I would love to hear a stripped down re-mixed, re-released UYI. Something that removes ALL vocal special effects and voice over garbage, and is just GN'R rocking.

Aussie,

Do you remember the Alan Niven tapes? I recall them being a stripped-down affair, musically a grand display of the band at its peak.

UYI stuff or AFD stuff?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

UYI.

Ḯ've seen that stuff online (had the very nice Locomotive demo, for one), but lost my copies following a hard disk meltdown.

Board footer