You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: AXL ROSE Falls On Stage At France's HELLFEST

Smoking Guns wrote:

Video is private. So didn't get to see it. Hmmm.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Ax needs to lay off the sauce during the shows....

More like he needs to retire from performing live.

Because he falls down like every other human being on planet Earth?

Because he's washed up as a live performer. I still think he has some good years left in the studio, but he seems to be wasting a lot of his time on touring instead.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

touring is where the money is though

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah touring is defintely where the dollars are now.  The only question will be does he need to get back in the studio and release new stuff in order to reinvogorate his markets, so he can continue to tour strongly into the future.

I would hazard a guess that after the current tour dates are done he would be close to having saturated his traditional markets for the time being.  So one would logically assume that a break from touring followed by some new material would be the next move.  That should then give him the option to go out and tour again should he wish.  But then again nothing they do seems too logical.

I would have to think though that endless touring without anything else would eventually lead to signifcant drop offs in crowd sizes at some point, if indeed he is not already reaching that point.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I know I shouldn't laugh but that looked bloody funny.

Sadly he didn't sound too great there either.

I think the cleaner vocal tone sounded great there, especially on a song like SCOM.

Ali

I honestly don't believe you even believe this. It's just your MO. I mean you don't even discuss the main topic, being that he fell. You simply zone in on the one and only post saying he didn't sound good vocally and rush to Axl's defence by actually saying you think he sounded great. I don't believe for one second you think his "cleaner vocal tone" sounds good. You just say it cause in your mind you and Axl are BFF's. Seriously he sounded winded, as in out of breath, not as in the wind was knocked out of him cause clearly the way he fell that isn't the case. He sounds pitchy and just plain aweful in this particular clip. But yeah that clean vocal tone sounds great. Uh huh. roll

As for the fall well the guy sure does fall alot these days. What can ya do? Every single oe of us has tripped on stairs like that. It looked funny though. Basically a face plant.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Because he falls down like every other human being on planet Earth?

Because he's washed up as a live performer. I still think he has some good years left in the studio, but he seems to be wasting a lot of his time on touring instead.

Nah. I saw them several times on the last tour and Axl gave a top notch performance each time.

i have to agree with this. he`s definitely still one of the best performers around.

it's too bad Axl can't sing anymore, well he can sing he just sounds like shit.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I know I shouldn't laugh but that looked bloody funny.

Sadly he didn't sound too great there either.

I think the cleaner vocal tone sounded great there, especially on a song like SCOM.

Ali

I honestly don't believe you even believe this. It's just your MO. I mean you don't even discuss the main topic, being that he fell. You simply zone in on the one and only post saying he didn't sound good vocally and rush to Axl's defence by actually saying you think he sounded great. I don't believe for one second you think his "cleaner vocal tone" sounds good. You just say it cause in your mind you and Axl are BFF's. Seriously he sounded winded, as in out of breath, not as in the wind was knocked out of him cause clearly the way he fell that isn't the case. He sounds pitchy and just plain aweful in this particular clip. But yeah that clean vocal tone sounds great. Uh huh. roll

As for the fall well the guy sure does fall alot these days. What can ya do? Every single oe of us has tripped on stairs like that. It looked funny though. Basically a face plant.

The only thing I can conclude from this is that what you believe about my intentions and beliefs is comical.  I said "the cleaner vocal tone sounded great", which I've said before and I believe.  Like I've said before, the cleaner tone is one employed by many of my favorite metal singers, like Geoff Tate and Bruce Dickinson.  I said nothing of his pitch or anything like else you mentioned, so your straw-man argument is moot.  If you disagree with his choice of vocal tones these days, that is your right, as it is mine to believe what I do irrespective of whether or not you perceive it to be genuine or accurate or whatever your opinion ultimately is roll

Ali

Board footer