You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: AXL ROSE Falls On Stage At France's HELLFEST

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Your definition of the word "obvious" is questionable at best, and in this particular case, it's laughable.  If you only knew the volume of bootlegs from the UYI days that I haven't listened to in well over a decade because I can't stand how Axl sounded during the bulk of that tour 16

Perhaps you should stick to talking about GN'R and U2 instead of telling other people what their opinions and thoughts "obviously" are.  Because, frankly, you "blow" at that.

Ali

There is noone more obvious than you Ali. How in the fuck are you even a fan of Axl Rose? If you hated how he sounded back in the day when he was on fire and you expect anyone to believe you think his vocals in that "clean" err.... shitty fucking helium voice are badass. You will NEVER say anything bad about Axl in his current state, regardless of the year. The guy could start singing like Chad Kroeger and you'd love it. You're the type that if Axl suddenly went full rasp all the time you'd say how fucking cool it is because he sounds like vinatge Axl. It's more than OBVIOUS what your shtick is dude and you blow at hiding it.

I have to say, it's amusing that you go from saying "you've NEVER said he doesn't sound great" to "You will NEVER say anything bad about Axl in his current state".  16  Not so "obvious", I guess 16

Like I said:

Perhaps you should stick to talking about GN'R and U2 instead of telling other people what their opinions and thoughts "obviously" are.  Because, frankly, you "blow" at that.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

I have to say, it's amusing that you go from saying "you've NEVER said he doesn't sound great" to "You will NEVER say anything bad about Axl in his current state".  16  Not so "obvious", I guess 16

Like I said:

Ali

Only a person completely lacking in mental capacity needs things spelt out to a tee for something to be obvious to them.  Seems pretty obvious you fit that bill though.  The fact you just tried to use my quotes to your advantage and failed speaks volumes.  I don't even think you have the ability to comprehend what I was even saying. That and you cherry picked my quote cause had you quoted the whole thing in it's proper context you'd have no argument. It's not as though you have one here either cause all you did is make yourself look like a clown. Like I said you fucking blow as a defence attorny be it Axl's or your own.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Like I said:

Ali

Only a person completely lacking in mental capacity needs things spelt out to a tee for something to be obvious to them.  Seems pretty obvious you fit that bill though.  The fact you just tried to use my quotes to your advantage and failed speaks volumes.  I don't even think you have the ability to comprehend what I was even saying. That and you cherry picked my quote cause had you quoted the whole thing in it's proper context you'd have no argument. It's not as though you have one here either cause all you did is make yourself look like a clown. Like I said you fucking blow as a defence attorny be it Axl's or your own.

For the love of god can people stop insulting each other, it's just sad 17

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

That is the dumbest fucking thing I think i've heard Ali say, which is shocking because he (I still think she) is usually pretty smart and sharp regardless of differing opinions. But this time its not even plausible in what they just said.

How can you HATE how Axl Rose sounded on "those songs" during the UYI tour, when he sounded MORE ACCURATE to the STUDIO ORIGINALS that POPULARIZED -- "those songs".

Are you serious? You shot your argument in the fuckin' head before it even got out the gate. Good job.

No, he.  For the last time, he.

I don't like Axl's incredibly hoarse or "raspy" voice during the UYI days.  It sounds like he's in pain singing and that, besides just the unpleasant tone, makes it hard for me to listen to. 

Maybe it's because I know what's going on in my throat when my voice sounds like that I have a natural aversion to that sound.  But, I don't like that, just like I don't like the way he sings the first verse of "Street of Dreams" on the album version.

I think that for much of the UYI tours, he sounded raspier/more hoarse than he did on the studio versions.  I still like his tone on the UYI records, but I prefer how he sounded on AFD.

It's just a preference in tonality, nothing more, nothing less.  The only one "shooting (their) argument in the head" is the person trying to make an argument when there is none, and there's only a difference in taste - you.

Ali

Well it's more about understanding where you're coming from.

If you enjoy the songs being sung wrong, and in the incorrect register, that's your perogative. It's a very unique opinion that I think you're going to be very alone in outside of HTGTH.

But i'm not entirely opposed to unique opinions. I personally think the 2009-12 band plays Estranged better instrumentally in a live setting, far better than the band that actually wrote it did playing it live from 1991-1993. Slash frequently played it in the wrong key and missed notes, and seemingly was sloppy with it in an almost unprofressional level. Part of me always wondered if he fucked it up on purpose just to piss off Axl. Gilby said at one time the band "hated" playing the song.

Board footer