You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

-D- wrote:

No, just called u out on your hyperbole. If axl is on point here what would 87 ritz be considered??

Lomax wrote:

GNR-Evo Axl vs Slash Post

Ingredients:

2 -     Large cups of Opinion
500g- Personal Grudges
4 -     Fried Altercations
18g    Irrational Hatred

Allow simmer for 2 to 3 pages

Coat 4th page in a thick Fanboy Rant-Batter. Be sure to garnish any reasonable argument with an extra dose of irrational hatred.

Lock the thread.

Hey can we avoid that behaviour this time?

Can we have a bit of balance maybe?
Anyone ever actually read the Mantra here? It's beautifully crafted, but often ignored.

I have a dream, Axl and Slashites together at the table of brotherhood.

Could we state our favorite artist, Axl or Slash at the start of a comment maybe? Then leave that to one side, allow Axl and Slash to speak for and defend themselves while we take an objective look at the music?

I'll go first .

I generally prefer Axls post guns output, though I genuinely love Snakepit 2.

I think the nu-gnr version of paradise is made a lot better by having so many guitarists and so many keys parts. It just makes it more lush, more poppy, like it sounds on the album.
I find slash's version a bit sparse in comparison. Axls is more theatrical Slash's is more subdued.

I still wish Slash was in guns.
It's great to hear him play his own guitar lines. He's the best person to play paradise city, better than the guns guys. But, his band haven't got what it takes. I also prefer to hear Axl sing his parts over Myles.

Also anyone hearing Franks drumming on PC ? Is it just me or is that guy amazingly good?
And Axls delivery is sweet, the swagger is there again. His voice just bobs along. He doesn't even showcase, he just gets in the groove and delivers.

Sky Dog wrote:

ha ha...best post of the year....and Frank is solid.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

No, just called u out on your hyperbole. If axl is on point here what would 87 ritz be considered??

Seriously WEAK. It's like a dog who took a pork chop bone out of the garbage and is acting like it's a t-bone. Stroke it, dude, STROKE IT!

I'm being as nice as possible here, trying to explain this simple little point, bubba (it did give me a laugh, though, so thanks!)-- Let me try again:

You could be right on all the technical points... I STILL LIKE GNR'S VERSION BETTER. I like Axl over Myles, Slash over DJ and Ron, GN'R over the Conspirators. Never said anything about Axl being at his peak or 1988, 1987 or 1989, I JUST LIKE HIS INTRO BETTER, and I don't even like his voice this tour. But he sounded ON POINT in that intro TO ME. 

But of course you ignore everything above, because you're imaginging that you called me out... If that makes you feel better, if it makes you feel good about yourself, then enjoy it. With a big bow. Glad I could help out your self esteem.

You want to hear one of my FAVORITE versions of Jungle???

Please, now lecture me how Axl's voice is shot, the band is lagging, and Slash isn't playing at 120bpm. I'm going to listen to it again. SUCK ON THAT PERFORMANCE, D!!!!! YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE, BABY!!!! 16

I'll take that version over a 1000 perfect versions of Jungle. And it keeps getting better every time I hear it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

WTF happened here?  Travel for work and vacation for a week and the shit hits the fan?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Through arguing with someone who uses phrases they don't know the meaning of.

rather spend my time kicking myself in the balls.

people have started this trend of  a fallacy, that u can say anything u want and as long as u say my opinion, it can't be wrong and that isn't factual.

people can have their opinions but that doesn't mean they aren't wrong.

On Point means u are at your absolute awesome peak
so u saying Axl was "On Point" means he was rivaling his peak which was 87 ritz.

why u being so homotionally sensitive?

u don't know what "On Point" means, it's ok dude. don't get pissed when someone calls u out on it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p … on%20point

misterID

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Through arguing with someone who uses phrases they don't know the meaning of.

rather spend my time kicking myself in the balls.

people have started this trend of  a fallacy, that u can say anything u want and as long as u say my opinion, it can't be wrong and that isn't factual.

people can have their opinions but that doesn't mean they aren't wrong.

On Point means u are at your absolute awesome peak
so u saying Axl was "On Point" means he was rivaling his peak which was 87 ritz.

why u being so homotionally sensitive?

u don't know what "On Point" means, it's ok dude. don't get pissed when someone calls u out on it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p … on%20point

Lets see, D...  I said Axl sounded on point. So, lets look at some of the definitions you quoted, since you've been busting a nut over the phrase "On Point":

On Point
1 - An awesome way of expressing how cool something is.

2 - To be twacked out for a long period of time. Or super aware of your surroundings, not necessarily because of drugs.

3 - Tight, right on time, cautious.

4 - On top of things, in control of the situation

5 - Excellent, Without Imperfection, gorgeous, sexy

6 - To be perfect; to satisfy; whatever it was, it met the person's standards

7 - Up to par...ready to perform at best...ready to get down to business.

Hmmm, I don't see your definition of "u are at your absolute awesome peak" listed anywhere. You know what? I think you just made it up!

Out of those choices I'd pick the first and fourth as what I was aiming for. Not at any time did I mention this was Axl at his best, nor at his peak. I think he sounded good, which he really hasn't this tour. And we're quoting from the urban dictionary here. 16

You see, D, there is no scientific method, because, it's all subjective.  I appreciate you don't like the intro, I appreciate you're pissed because of the HOF, and I appreciate that you disagree with me. It's okay. I'm just sorry your opinion is not fact. I liked what I heard.

Have fun kicking yourself in the balls smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Riad wrote:

GNR-Evo Axl vs Slash Post

Ingredients:

2 -     Large cups of Opinion
500g- Personal Grudges
4 -     Fried Altercations
18g    Irrational Hatred

Allow simmer for 2 to 3 pages

Coat 4th page in a thick Fanboy Rant-Batter. Be sure to garnish any reasonable argument with an extra dose of irrational hatred.

Lock the thread.

Hey can we avoid that behaviour this time?

Can we have a bit of balance maybe?
Anyone ever actually read the Mantra here? It's beautifully crafted, but often ignored

Post of the year contender. I haven't laughed that genuinely hard at anything this year thus far.

14 22

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lets see, D...  I said Axl sounded on point. So, lets look at some of the definitions you quoted, since you've been busting a nut over the phrase "On Point":

On Point
1 - An awesome way of expressing how cool something is.

2 - To be twacked out for a long period of time. Or super aware of your surroundings, not necessarily because of drugs.

3 - Tight, right on time, cautious.

4 - On top of things, in control of the situation

5 - Excellent, Without Imperfection, gorgeous, sexy

6 - To be perfect; to satisfy; whatever it was, it met the person's standards

7 - Up to par...ready to perform at best...ready to get down to business.

Hmmm, I don't see your definition of "u are at your absolute awesome peak" listed anywhere. You know what? I think you just made it up!

Out of those choices I'd pick the first and fourth as what I was aiming for. Not at any time did I mention this was Axl at his best, nor at his peak. I think he sounded good, which he really hasn't this tour. And we're quoting from the urban dictionary here. 16

You see, D, there is no scientific method, because, it's all subjective.  I appreciate you don't like the intro, I appreciate you're pissed because of the HOF, and I appreciate that you disagree with me. It's okay. I'm just sorry your opinion is not fact. I liked what I heard.

Have fun kicking yourself in the balls smile

14 Bull-fucking-shit! It's painfully obvious you used the phrase "on point"  to suggest definitions 1,3,4,5,6,& 7.  The context you used it in was wrong because according to these definitions Axl was NOT  "on point" Good try though. If you think that was awesome and Axl was in control your standards are pathetic and it just proves you'll slurp up anything Axl lays down.

misterID

misterID wrote:

tumblr_lgrb7eahid1qz5y5go1_500.jpg

It doesn't matter what you think.

Board footer