You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

His confidence is probably knocked, he's fallen on his ass publically 3/4 times in as many weeks and seriously hurt himself on two of those occasions. Low confidence is bound to have an effect on his performances.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

smile

I'm going to reply to you as respectfully as possible, Bono.

You see, the problem is you entered this discussion uninformed, without knowing the facts. What you're arguing is not what D was arguing. I think anyone, with any kind of sense knows that "on point" does not mean the peak of someones career. Which is what D was saying, over and over. I even pointed out he was using the term wrong, even in his source of the definition.

The argument wasn't that I thought it was great, it was that D was saying that "On Point" meant I was saying it was the greatest Axl rose performance since the Ritz. We weren't even talking about the song itself, just the intro.

Yes, I thought that intro for Axl was spot on, especially considering how bad he's sounded this tour, which I have repeatedly stated. I actually respect D and Moles opinion about the performance. I even said it over and over. D had a serious issue with the use of "my opinion" that I prefered GN'R version over Slash's band. And by band, I mean Slash's band, not Slash. D could not handle this for whatever reason. 

And you are still unable to tell me why I would deny saying its great, if that's what I thought. And it makes even less sense if I'm doing everything on this forum to glorify Axl Rose. 

Yes, you have issues, I'm not the only one to notice, but in all seriousness, I'm not even attempting to guess what they are over a band forum. I kind of feel bad for you in a lot of ways. I just know something is going on there and, I sincerely mean this, I wish you the best in real life, dude. That's not sarcasm.

I said Axl hasn't had a good tour, presently. That's not glorfying him. Again, you should read more and inform yourself before entering into a discussion.

Absolutely no one is calling me out. They're lying and making shit up, like you and D.

Go ahead and ignore me, or not. Doesn't matter. Just inform yourself better before getting involved at the adults table.

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
faldor wrote:

I haven't watched too many clips of late, but from what I can gather, he wasn't "giving it his all" in that performance.  He fell on his ass earlier in the show.  I'm guessing he was embarrassed by that, or upset, or something.  Because he didn't look like he was having much fun out there performing.  So while I can't prove it, because like I said I haven't been paying that close attention to recent performances, I don't think this has been the norm of late.

Fair enough, but he was here in Belgium yesterday (as was Slash) and although I did not get the chance to see them liv, I heard some clips on the radio. It was not flattering...

For reference, PC from that gig:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

First off, the audio quality from that video isn't good to begin with.  So it's tough to tell how good/bad it is.  To me, it sounds on par with other performances.  Maybe not great, but certainly not horrible.  The energy alone makes the performance a hell of a lot better than the one in the original post.  And again, I didn't think Axl sounded THAT bad in that video either.  I just hate to see him sulking onstage with the impression that he'd rather be anywhere else in the world at the time.  That I find way more troubling than him not sounding good.

smoke

smoke wrote:

His voice is sounding weaker than it ever has, and seriously, why is he shitting all over the opening of PC? It's one thing to change it up, but the difference of two beats turns that whistle from something fitting and cool to the honking of a clown nose.

misterID

misterID wrote:

TBH, this latest tour, hell even since 2010, looks like he's burnt out.

And he has always been screwing the PC intro up with that whistle. Just like he continuously fucks up Patience and sings the wrong verse in Jungle.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think it is the best performance of Paradise City EVER.....:haha::peace:

misterID

misterID wrote:

1694.jpg

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Is Axl freaking out cause Slash is playing in the same festivals and getting his GNR tunes out to the crowd with a younger singer who is on form?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
TheMole wrote:

For the first time ever, I feel like we're hitting HTGTH territory as far as post quality goes on gnrevo in this thread. Please guys, let it be. You don't agree, so fucking be it!

As for the the actual topic of  the thread: I think Slash's band is tighter and cleaner on this, the only problem is the mix: almost no guitar (or bass) besides Slash. I've notices this on his album as well, it's too unbalanced for it's own good. It highlights Slash's chops but takes away some of the power of these songs. I think we're seeing the same thing with PC in this clip. Two guitars and a bass guitar should be plenty enough to provide a wall of sound, and yet it seems to be lacking in exactly that area.

Oh, and Axl's recent set of vocal performances are near pathetic, including this one. He needs to get back in shape, he's not even moving around here anymore and he's nearly out of breath... Miles might sound obnoxious and nasal most of the time on the Slash & GNR tunes, but at least he's singing them instead of giving a heavy breather's rendition of the songs.

This, this and this. Well put.

I knew that hell would break loose after the first post. I don't know if the poster wanted it to happen or just doesn't have enough forum experience or this topic was so important for him to discuss. Anyway, it can be discussed. However lately I don't have the desire to post too much in these warzone topics. I have a great album to listen. 21 Much more of a pleasin' experience then debating over a 25 year old song's current renditions. This album I listen day by day is an alive, kick ass record with a lot of heart, emotion and musical greatness. I think GN'R boards would die the day the band would start to work normally. But great achievements are less interesting to debate than the episodes of a wrecked soap opera.

BTW just have seen Rock of Ages. Awful movie but was funny as hell to see Tom Cruise as an Axl impersonator. Awful movie, but it's a must for GN'R fans. 16

Board footer