You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:

First off, the audio quality from that video isn't good to begin with.  So it's tough to tell how good/bad it is.  To me, it sounds on par with other performances.  Maybe not great, but certainly not horrible.  The energy alone makes the performance a hell of a lot better than the one in the original post.  And again, I didn't think Axl sounded THAT bad in that video either.  I just hate to see him sulking onstage with the impression that he'd rather be anywhere else in the world at the time.  That I find way more troubling than him not sounding good.

I honestly don't hear Axl sounding any different on PC, than he's sounded since the 2011 shows. The only significant difference i'm seeing now, especially since the Up Close and Personal Tour started in the Winter was Axl's power is dying. People say he sounds like "2002", but in reality he sounds more like a 2012-version of the 2002 VMA performance these days. He's winded again, and struggling hard. Some of that may just be pure exhaustion from the constant touring.

As for him sulking... I honestly didn't see any of that in the clip. I've seen it before (Rio being the obvious one), but some of it is Axl always struck me as the kind of guy who didn't like doing the same thing over and over. Yet because he wanted that brand name, and he sat dormant for so many years, he's cursed himself into being his own tribute singer for the rest of his life.

I see more passion out of him singing This I Love or Shackler's Revenge than I do Paradise City or Sweet Child.

He really could leave alot of this behind if he'd just go fucking solo, retire the brand name, and talk reunion behind the scenes and leave that fuckin' brand name for reunions only, or actual GN'R albums.

That is of course if he has no intention of carrying on with his brand of GN'R, which from what i've seen -- he has no intention of doing. I think he would feel so much more free in a solo role.

misterID wrote:

TBH, this latest tour, hell even since 2010, looks like he's burnt out.

And he has always been screwing the PC intro up with that whistle. Just like he continuously fucks up Patience and sings the wrong verse in Jungle.

I don't think "since 2010" is accurate. Just last year we were all talking about happy Axl looked, and I was doing it too, and still believe it.

He's been different since 2012 started, and I think alot of it might just boil down to exhaustion. He tours and tours, and i'm sure he's sick of singing some of these songs. Axl seemed fine until Rio IV, then cracks started showing up, but he rebounded. By 2012, he just looks out of it.

Plus he seems to be drinking more. Don't know if it's some sort of "we're just finding out about something that has went on for awhile", but since the new year started I wondered if there was something else going on where not aware of.

Axl hanging out with 19-year olds, falling over drunk in bars, and stumbling across the stage is NOT the Axl we're used to. This dude used to embarass Slash on stage because of behavior like that.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dunno what to tell ya's, I seen Axl and GNR a month ago, he looked and sounded great and the whole band were awesome. He wasnt as strong on some songs as he was on others but so fuckin what, it's live not memorex fucko's!

Personally I'm scunnered that I'll never have the chance to see it again, he aint come round my way again any time soon, more likely never again. Right now I'm trying to coax some of my amigos to hop on a plane with me and jet out from Glasgow to Spain to catch the final show of the euro tour, and thanks to the killer show and positive impression GNR left in this town I'm not having to try too hard, folks are more pissed they missed it when the show was in town and we are on a mission to pull together the funds to invade Espainia like the drunken herd of desperados that we are.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Why do you think Axl will never again tour "your area"?

Just curious. He seems to like hitting up Europe and South America.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

he definitely doesn`t sound worse than 2011. no fuckin way! i was stunned how great he sounded on paradise city in mönchen gladbach to be honest.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Why do you think Axl will never again tour "your area"?

Just curious. He seems to like hitting up Europe and South America.

The dudes 50, he's released one album in about 20 years and it took an army of technicians and a zillion dollars for him to do it. GNR's came to Scotland twice in the entire history of the band, 2006 & 2012... whens he gonna come next, after "the new album"  pfffffffffffffffffft good luck for anyone waiting on that 16

Nah I've said it for a long time, I consider this his swan song. I hope I'm wrong and he has at least one last hurrah in him, but I just dont see it. But if there is ever another GNR album that comes along I'm gonna be really interested to see what Axl writes about, CD seemed to be a fitting end to a big chapter in his life, lyrically and creatively where does he go from here?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
WARose wrote:

he definitely doesn`t sound worse than 2011. no fuckin way! i was stunned how great he sounded on paradise city in mönchen gladbach to be honest.

Ya man, I was blown away by his performance, the lad I was with couldnt believe how good Axl was. I spoke to a lot of people in work who went, younger and a lot older people than me and the verdict was unanimous, the concert was brilliant. I honestly expeted to here grumbles and moans about the start time etc cause thats all you here in the media but noone gave a fuck, like I said in my review - I was one of the first out of there when I left during the encore, the place was packed right until the end, people loved it, and I was genuinally one of the first to call it a night, i never had to queue to get out the car park which usually takes hours, I was back in my house in about half an hour 9

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

smile

I'm going to reply to you as respectfully as possible, Bono.

You see, the problem is you entered this discussion uninformed, without knowing the facts. What you're arguing is not what D was arguing. I think anyone, with any kind of sense knows that "on point" does not mean the peak of someones career. Which is what D was saying, over and over. I even pointed out he was using the term wrong, even in his source of the definition.

The argument wasn't that I thought it was great, it was that D was saying that "On Point" meant I was saying it was the greatest Axl rose performance since the Ritz. We weren't even talking about the song itself, just the intro.

Yes, I thought that intro for Axl was spot on, especially considering how bad he's sounded this tour, which I have repeatedly stated. I actually respect D and Moles opinion about the performance. I even said it over and over. D had a serious issue with the use of "my opinion" that I prefered GN'R version over Slash's band. And by band, I mean Slash's band, not Slash. D could not handle this for whatever reason. 

And you are still unable to tell me why I would deny saying its great, if that's what I thought. And it makes even less sense if I'm doing everything on this forum to glorify Axl Rose. 

Yes, you have issues, I'm not the only one to notice, but in all seriousness, I'm not even attempting to guess what they are over a band forum. I kind of feel bad for you in a lot of ways. I just know something is going on there and, I sincerely mean this, I wish you the best in real life, dude. That's not sarcasm.

I said Axl hasn't had a good tour, presently. That's not glorfying him. Again, you should read more and inform yourself before entering into a discussion.

Absolutely no one is calling me out. They're lying and making shit up, like you and D.

Go ahead and ignore me, or not. Doesn't matter. Just inform yourself better before getting involved at the adults table.

if u read my post, I even say, I'm not sure which is better, but u seem to be doing that thing where u completely ignore Axl's faults and are doing the 'free pass" thing

thats why i was being such a dick. Hell, him flubbing the whistle downgrades the performance from "on Point" alone, cause he clearly didn't even do that right.

Once again No one should get like personally pissed off or mad. we are just simply arguing/discussing things on a message board which is the sole purpose of having a message forum.

hell, if u got a forum where everybody agrees on everything, the forum dies and is boring. 

so everyone just take a deep breath and don't lose site of why this forum is great. we can argue, discuss differing opinions but at the end of the discussion, respect is still and will always remain no matter who i argue/discuss with.

its never personal when I'm posting.

Im not purposely trolling due to Axl no showing HOF. See Duff book thread where I basically absolved him of most wrong doing

I,however, am no longer giving him a pass and will be critical and use his words against him like the moving forward BS when he continues the same old thing.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Through arguing with someone who uses phrases they don't know the meaning of.

rather spend my time kicking myself in the balls.

people have started this trend of  a fallacy, that u can say anything u want and as long as u say my opinion, it can't be wrong and that isn't factual.

people can have their opinions but that doesn't mean they aren't wrong.

On Point means u are at your absolute awesome peak
so u saying Axl was "On Point" means he was rivaling his peak which was 87 ritz.

why u being so homotionally sensitive?

u don't know what "On Point" means, it's ok dude. don't get pissed when someone calls u out on it.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p … on%20point

Lets see, D...  I said Axl sounded on point. So, lets look at some of the definitions you quoted, since you've been busting a nut over the phrase "On Point":

On Point
1 - An awesome way of expressing how cool something is.

2 - To be twacked out for a long period of time. Or super aware of your surroundings, not necessarily because of drugs.

3 - Tight, right on time, cautious.

4 - On top of things, in control of the situation

5 - Excellent, Without Imperfection, gorgeous, sexy

6 - To be perfect; to satisfy; whatever it was, it met the person's standards

7 - Up to par...ready to perform at best...ready to get down to business.

Lets have fun with this:
1. if u thought Axl standing still, not moving, blowing whistle was cool.... ok your right but i disagree anything about htat performance being overtly cool

2 really doesn't qualify to the subject

3.Certainly not tight or right on time.

4.Axl never is this LOL

5.Certainly wasn't excellent or without imperfection.

6.def wasn't perfect

7.def wasn't up to par.

13:peace:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It could be 6, D. ID could have low standards, so could be "on point" to him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

if u read my post, I even say, I'm not sure which is better, but u seem to be doing that thing where u completely ignore Axl's faults and are doing the 'free pass" thing

thats why i was being such a dick. Hell, him flubbing the whistle downgrades the performance from "on Point" alone, cause he clearly didn't even do that right.

Once again No one should get like personally pissed off or mad. we are just simply arguing/discussing things on a message board which is the sole purpose of having a message forum.

hell, if u got a forum where everybody agrees on everything, the forum dies and is boring. 

so everyone just take a deep breath and don't lose site of why this forum is great. we can argue, discuss differing opinions but at the end of the discussion, respect is still and will always remain no matter who i argue/discuss with.

its never personal when I'm posting.

Im not purposely trolling due to Axl no showing HOF. See Duff book thread where I basically absolved him of most wrong doing

I,however, am no longer giving him a pass and will be critical and use his words against him like the moving forward BS when he continues the same old thing.

If you read my posts, I kept stating , over and over, dude, that it was cool you disagreed with me, I just didn't like you putting words in my mouth. That's all and that's what this thing was about.

I wasn't talking about whistles, or guitars, I was talking about Axl singing, and for the one millionth time, I liked what I heard in that intro.

When my niece dances, and she's on point, it means she's doing it right, not spectacular or the greatest thing ever. In that little intro, Axl sounded good TO ME. 16

No problems here, man.

Board footer