You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns n' Roses Sorry Sebastian

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
imsorry wrote:

Auto tune is not only use for tune its also use as effect and its the case here ,its common in hip hop and pop production...

Yeah, and it sounds fucking terrible.

Was flicking stations tonight in the car, and heard a new Chris Brown track, and it was covered with autotune. What a shitty overused effect

imsorry wrote:

Thanks Cher and T-Pain for that...T-Pain even gained a plugin with his name http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/t … effect.asp and a lot of bad singers win with that !

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I actually think Baz sounds awesome brought up to the front. I wouldn't like it for the final product, but I'm glad to hear what he's doing back there, with so many other layers covering the backing vox. I also heard Axl singing up really high for the first time in this mix. The effect sounds good here, and Baz still has one of the best rock/metal voices in the biz.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When I remixed Sorry, I brought Baz's vocals up front for the chorus, and dropped Axl's.

It sounded fine. I wish it wasn't autotuned, but it wasn't sounding like Kanye West. It still sounded like Baz, and like I said, it still rocked.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If Audacity can do that, someone tell me. I had no clue.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I gave it a relisten focusing on the first chorus like you said, Russ. I could identify over the top auto tuning before, but now I've got a feel for a more subtle use of it, so thanks. Once I really listened though, I realized it's not that subtle at all!

Board footer