You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Gods of Metal June 22nd

monkeychow wrote:

That is a cool video.

I'm not against the band at all...I just much prefer to hear them bust out stuff like in 09...like twat, scrapped, if the world etc.....

I'd kill for a proshot dvd of the CD songs live.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Damn DJ makes Finck sound like Jimmy Page with that solo

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

That is a cool video.

I'm not against the band at all...I just much prefer to hear them bust out stuff like in 09...like twat, scrapped, if the world etc.....

I'd kill for a proshot dvd of the CD songs live.

You ain't the only one! 5 I know some of the band members and fans wanted a live album or DVD/Blu ray tour movie in some shape or form over the past few years.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Axl's an idiot when it comes to marketing his band and career....

I don't disagree. I think he (or worse, his "managers") think he's still got this whole mystique going for him.

Which he does not.

The man needs to hire better staff. Fernando and the Lebsis' are not letting anything move forward. How they manage or report things to the user base on the website and the social networks confuses or pisses off the fan base. I believe the mystique ended by 2003.

Sky Dog wrote:

the mystique ended at the MTV Awards in 2002.....

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's kind of devolved into not being happy with how Ron taps, whatever DJ does that annoys people,

7450081504_267e77fde8.jpg

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
war wrote:

i miss the good old days when threads were empty and i didn't have to weed through childish bullshit to see if there was any news each day.

Such an odd comment to make in THIS thread seeing as though there's been aboslutely no childish bullshit in here neutral

i wasn't referring to childish behavior and it was my bad that i said that

more or less the excess of crap to talk about

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Its hard to retain mystique when you are getting old and you still badly need the attention and/or the money.

Look at Madonna - no shortage of funds but seen as a sad old lady who should tuck in her lamb hangings and get off the dancefloor.

Look at Billy Corgan - like Axl, all alone still squeezing the last of the sour milk from the saggy teet that was the Smashing Pumpkins while becoming more bitter, ignored and irrelevant.

Look at Metallica - just an overly serious version of KISS with more products on shelves than Wal Mart

I bet people could name twenty other acts that they loved back in the day who have become sad, middle of the road versions of themselves.

Very few get it right. Cash, Springsteen, Cohen, all more relevant now than ever. Rush remain hugely respected, Dave Grohl can't seem to go wrong.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the mystique ended at the MTV Awards in 2002.....

Exactly.  I've been saying that for years.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I don't know who's doing that, though. Most of us have accepted since 1987 that Axl is a spoiled brat, and don't really hold him to any type of noble standard. The one member here who probably holds him to that higher standard than most, from what I can tell, is John.

it's not just Axl, i guess i just have high standards.... defo high anyway..

& maybe it's more i enjoy apportioning blame.
but he's lied & failed so often. it does get a little boring sometimes.

e.g.

faldor wrote:

Oh sure.  When I went to see them in November, my friends expected the worst.

it should never have even come to this.
hell you'll still hear @ concerts people saying "i suppose we're lucky he turned up at all".

he just won't work hard enough, or has the ability, to change the script.

the point is, he's promised more than he's delivered.

& it's the simple things that are wrong that leaves the whole thing w/no chance of prospering. bob dylan's 219 & he changes things up every night. he cant sing for shit either anymore of course. when tom waits tours he changes it up every time. neil young changes it up. springsteen. even elton & macca released more albums since UYI.
my point here is the greats aren't doing what axl's doing. & they're even more ancient.
GnR should belong in that class. but he's not measuring up to standard. either on output or performance.
what exactly is he good for these days....??

he's a travelling salesman.

Board footer