You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Tour or album

apex-twin wrote:

Regression hits anyone.

The most dangerous band in the world is now (among other things) a cover band playing weddings.

When you look at the lineup pictured in Reckless Road, or, say, Rock in Rio 2, you could never imagine that would become the case.

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Regression hits anyone.

The most dangerous band in the world is now (among other things) a cover band playing weddings.

When you look at the lineup pictured in Reckless Road, or, say, Rock in Rio 2, you could never imagine that would become the case.

that's painfully sad.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hell for a million bucks (if the rumor for the going rate of the band is true) ... thats pretty substantial coin

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

hell for a million bucks (if the rumor for the going rate of the band is true) ... thats pretty substantial coin

It is, but I don't think the old band would have done it.  Well, maybe by now had they stayed together, but even then, I doubt it.

That said, I'm turning 40 next year - think it we put enough money together we can get them or Slash to play it?  Everybody that donates is invited!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you dont think 5 junkie/alcoholics would've flown to europe to play for a couple hours for a million bucks?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

you dont think 5 junkie/alcoholics would've flown to europe to play for a couple hours for a million bucks?

No, I don't.  I think they would have kept getting high on the millions they already had.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

We could definitely scrape together enough to get Adler.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

No, I don't.  I think they would have kept getting high on the millions they already had.

I don't think they would've done it either.  They were too "cool" to stoop to that level.  However, things have changed drastically in the music business since then.  You can't make millions off of record sales, sit back and reap the benefits.  You need to be creative to earn money these days.  And these high priced private gigs are just one example.  So I think if the old lineup had stayed together they may be doing the same thing these days.  Though it would still be in question, because I'd imagine they'd be making more of a financial impact in other areas than the current lineup is doing today.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

They might have done it.

Slash has commented that they went out to dinner with A+R people who they knew they wouldn't sign with just to score free food and drinks. The ISE mentality would definitely allow for playing some random wedding for money then fucking it up lol....They liked to play....so I could see them playing anywhere as long as the terms are compatible with the drug use and so on back then.

But I do think if old GNR had never broken up - they'd be a band like Metallica are these days in terms of stadiums and so on.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

They might have done it.

Slash has commented that they went out to dinner with A+R people who they knew they wouldn't sign with just to score free food and drinks. The ISE mentality would definitely allow for playing some random wedding for money then fucking it up lol....They liked to play....so I could see them playing anywhere as long as the terms are compatible with the drug use and so on back then.

But I do think if old GNR had never broken up - they'd be a band like Metallica are these days in terms of stadiums and so on.

They were trying to survive at that point.  That certainly wasn't the case by the time someone would have paid them that kind of cash.

Board footer