You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Tour or album

-D- wrote:

To dish out a cool sports analogy

Axl is the equivalent of Dennis Rodman or Terrell Owens... Mega stars when they were on top but once they started slipping, they were too much of a headache and no longer worth the effort of dealing with so both the above had careers end prematurely cause no one wanted them

Same with Axl. Promoters put up with his bullshit when he was on top of the world and selling out every show at full price.

now he has slipped, it is their turn for payback on him.

no reason Axl shouldn't still be successful today even without old Guns.

Its like my restaurant analogy. If u go to a restaurant that has the best steak you ever ate but sometimes it takes an hour to come out, sometimes they fuck it up and cook it wrong, sometimes its perfect...

even though its the best steak.... there comes a point u no longer gamble with the hit or miss so you settle for a good enough steak that is consistent somewhere else.

Like the pizza places where I live. my Pizza Hut is so hit or miss. Sometimes u get a 10/10 greatest pizza ever... but most often its a 5/10 piece of shit. so i tend to stick to my Papa Johns that dish out consistent 8's.  may never hit that 10/10 but I'm content with a very good 8/10

if i got money allotted for one concert... and Bon Jovi are coming and GNR are coming........ no shit I am prob choosing BJ cause I know 100 percent I am getting a great BS free show. 

All of Axl's peers that still are extremely successful have that in common that they always deliver every single time and fans can trust that when they plop down their hard earned cash, they are gonna get a great show with little drama or bullshit.

Every show I've ever been to, the act cannot thank the crowd enough for allowing them to play for us whereas with Axl, u feel like u owe him a thank u for allowing u to listen to him play...

Sky Dog wrote:

personal problem for you D....Ax delivered for me at the 2 Hammerstein shows I saw in 2006 and delivered at the 2 Atlanta shows I saw this year....not even going to mention the 7 UYI shows I saw...which he brought the rock as well. I am not Axl's accountant or lawyer so I don't care how much money he makes or how he compares to whoever. I go to a show and if it's good, it's good. Headin' to the Allman Brothers on Wednesday.....man, I wish Greg could sing like he did in 69...man I wish Duane was still alive...man I wish Dickey was sober....stick to Jovi "D". You get one point for Prince but you lose one for Jovi....puss/chick rock. Sorry.

There are tons of rock and roll assholes throughout history....Jerry Lee Lewis, George Jones, Sly Stone just to name a few. Axl is not on a short list. hmm

Sky Dog wrote:

and just for clarification, whenever you bring up Jovi, it is conversation over for me....a pure "pop" artist who was commercially driven from day one. He is a great businessman and always has been. Unfortunately, he is about as rock and roll as Britney Spears is. Literally, that is my honest opinion....you know, since you always tell it like it is. Well, I am telling you like it is from my point of view. Jovi can't hold Axl's jock in any of his fucked up phases.:lol:

-D-

-D- wrote:

I def disagree with every bit of that.

Wanted Dead or Alive is just as iconic an 80's song as any of the GNR songs

Axl has turned into a bigger pussy than Jon with all his emo piano ballads.

Not to mention Jon wrote and released a number 1 single all by himself without his band whereas Axl without his band is less popular in the US than probably even Poison at this point.

Sky Dog wrote:

case in point...it has nothing to do with popularity or piano ballads.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i can't believe what i'm reading, D

-D-

-D- wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

What does it have to do with?

Jon would slit his throat while jumping off the empire state building if he had axls career

Sky Dog wrote:

you are focused on the wrong things.....not worth arguing over....

"career"...your entire point of everything comes down to money/"career"...songs like Estranged and even Prostitute put Axl light years ahead of Jovi as an artist. Jovi is looking to make a buck and whatever catchy phrase, no matter who writes it, is what he wants. Again, he is a pop star and a good one at that. I just prefer something with more depth. We are NEVER going to see eye to eye on this. Jovi plays rock for chicks. Period. Axl does some as well but has WAY WAY WAY more edge and legimitate rock and roll attitude. If you don't see that then....

Sky Dog wrote:

for example, Jonny would never have the nuts or craziness to write something as brutally honest as One in a Million. Two completely different dudes.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

What does it have to do with?

Jon would slit his throat while jumping off the empire state building if he had axls career

Wasn't Jon supposedly jealous that Axl got more pub than him even though he was absent from the public eye for nearly a decade?

Board footer