You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

-D- wrote:

First single in 16 years should be your biggest big gun. We or u guys may think some songs are big guns but not from a commercial stand point.

They deemed CD their most commercial song and that is indicting

Better is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated IMO by GNR fans. well version we got on CD anyway

bucket version still owns

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I still think TWAT is truely the only song that holds up to the previous Guns material.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I guess it depends on what a person means by Big Gun.

I think TWAT and TIL are amongst his best works and kind of "big guns" for that album...but they arn't singles. I don't think Axl makes music attempting to make singles hits these days though...it's not what it's about.

So i imagine he'd have more CD like music, slightly experimental in places, with other places that are classic Axl...and probably some amazing works, but that may or may not include something that's a traditional single type song.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

First single in 16 years should be your biggest big gun. We or u guys may think some songs are big guns but not from a commercial stand point.

Better is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated IMO by GNR fans. well version we got on CD anyway

CD was actually a pretty good single, imo.

Better was way too out there to be a successful single. I don't know why anyone would think it fit radio. A ballad/shredder isn't something you hear on radio every day. I can't think of another song like it, tbh.

TWAT should have been their lead single with a bad ass video....

...in 2002.... and without the braids.  16

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

CD was actually a pretty good single, imo.

Better was way too out there to be a successful single. I don't know why anyone would think it fit radio. A ballad/shredder isn't something you hear on radio every day. I can't think of another song like it, tbh.

TWAT should have been their lead single with a bad ass video....

...in 2002.... and without the braids.  16

haha man u are bonkers about what you hear as singles!

Better is straight-up verse-chorus-verse w/a few rock-pop hi-jinx thrown in. it even starts w/the chorus a la She Loves You & most great pop singles.
CD is like Motorhead on steroids crashing into an industrial metal works. it is not radio friendly. too dense.

TWAT woulda been a killer single - if anyone had cared enough. which nobody did.

i actually have been quietly re-falling in love w/Better this past week or so. & maybe CD & GnR aswell. it good when one of these phases creeps up on you, when you just cant help listen & feed off the energy of a particular band. Dylan phases are the best, obv, but GnR one's are great too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

well... CD charted better than Better, so there you go.

Better is not a typical rock song, by any stretch.

johndivney wrote:

lol well i disagree
it is different i'll give you that, but it's still a typical rock song.
in fact quite a lot of CD is relatively conventional.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I think better would iv been the best single easy its most casual fans favourite song from the album

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Just look on youtube better has heaps more views then cd

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer