You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

faldor wrote:

Part of me wants to say while Romo did play well, he's done this before so I'm not shocked.  He's a good QB.  He takes a lot of unnecessary shit in my opinion.  Although I can understand the frustration as he always seem to come up short in big spots.  You could make the argument that the Giants secondary was far from imposing and Romo simply took advantage of that.  But you now what?  As a Patriots fan, I can tell you that Tom Brady has not been able to pick apart the Giants suspect secondary the last few meetings, so I still think it's something to build off.  Bottom line, I wouldn't be worried about Romo as a Cowboys fan, though I know he has his doubters.  You can do FAR worse at the position than him.  I think he's a top 10 QB.  I'll take that.

The Cowboys defense impressed me.  They've always had the talent up front, but for some reason their defense as a whole has always seemed to underachieve.  But they revamped their secondary and they had a pretty good showing the other night.  Holding Manning, Cruz, Nicks, and Bradshaw all in check.  If they can keep that up, they could be a player in the NFC East this season.

It's tough to get a read on the Giants.  They definitely have the talent to win the Super Bowl again, but they seem to treat the regular season as an afterthought.  When they put their minds to it they can beat anybody, but they never make it easy.  So while I wouldn't panic as a Giant fan, you always have to worry about that Super Bowl hangover.  Maybe they're not as hungry this season.  At least until December.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Same old Bills. Kill me now.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

War and I went to the Vikings-Jags game, one of the greatest Vikings game I've seen in years. With 20 seconds left, Jags get TD and 2PT Convo to take 3 point lead. VIkings find a way to score a 55 yard FG with a rookie kicker to go into OT. Rest is history

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Bears looked pretty impressive in oerson...not sure how it looked on tv.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Apparently he couldn't grasp the playbook in NE. It has happened before with other established WR's. Joey Galloway, Torry Holt to name a few. It's a complex offense. Add in the fact that Chad has lost a bit over the last few years. Not sure he has much left at this point. Although he was decent his last year in Cincy. That would be a pretty dramatic dropoff.

he became their #2 his last year in Cincy as Terrel Owens out performed him that year. I think had TO not been injured last year it wold've been him in NE not Chad and TO would've grasp the playbook. TO is a much better reciever even if attitude is less than desirable. I'm surprised TO got cut by the Seahawks, I'm sure he'd have put up good numbers again. I have no doubt TO could be an elite WR in the league this year. People seem to forget or refuse to acknowledge that he missed last year due to inury and not due to lack of performance. I honestly think TO should come to Canada and play in the CFL. That would be great. The Toronto Argonauts should sign him/

Cowboys looked good the other night. Nice to see their #3 recievr Ogletree have a big game. You know Austin isn't 100% healthy yet and neither is Witten. That bodes well for Dallas. The o-line sucks though. I can't help but think how damn good Romo would be if he had a solid o-line the way the other(I consider Romo elite) elite QB's have. Romo is improvizing on every play almost because that O-line is constantly collapsing.  If Dallas's D can gel and the Offence stays healthy they have the talent to make a lot of noise. Hopefully Jason garret doesn't outcoach himself. He's aweful in my opinion

I found myself really intrigued with RG3 and the Redskins yesterday. I watched that entire game without flippin' channels and was super impressed with him.

Nice to see Peyton Manning back and have succes and a the expense of the Steelers too which is great.

Sky Dog wrote:

Falcons looked great....Julio Jones is a man. I worry about their defense though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Fucking Demps... Fucking DEMPS!!!! You are no longer my break out player... Or secret weapon. Thanks a lot.

I don't care if the Dolphins suck this year, but please, if you're going to suck, suck it large. Get the first pick and get a crazy deal for Barkley. Then pick MINGO!

I have a feeling that The Rams are going to make a play for Barkley. Fisher has a hard on for all things USC, Bradford isn't his guy... They have a shitload of picks to work with. I think it could happen, especially if Bradford has a down year and gives them an excuse.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Bradford was the last big contract though, wasn't he?  I'm not sure they can move him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I didn't think about that... I tried to find details and found a whole mess of sites talking about trading Bradford 16

From right before the draft:

As for the salary cap, a Bradford trade on or before June 1 would mean a $14.4 million dead-money cap charge for the Rams. If he was traded after June 1, the hit would be $3.6 million in 2012 and $10.8 million in 2013.

On the roster in 2012, Bradford counts $15.595 million against the cap and his base salary is $12 million guaranteed. The final three years of his contract are worth a total of $36 million with $8 million of his $9 million 2013 salary guaranteed.

While the $14.4 million hit isn't that much different than his cap charge on the roster, that would still be dead money for a player no longer on the team.

I'm sure if he was traded he would restructure his deal with whoever picked him up, as it's getting to the low end of the rookie contract.

Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz better hope Da' Bears start protecting Cutler or he won't be around long.

Board footer