You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

buzzsaw wrote:

As my hero Ferris Bueller once said "I'll take the heat" if they cancel.  Bring it on!

I think they found out I was going and cancelled the other gigs along with it to throw me off the scent.  All kidding aside, if this is real and they can't cut it in Vegas, the US has basically given him a giant middle finger.  Lucky for him the rest of the world doesn't seem as demanding as the US is...

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

It just doesn't add up to me.  Why bother scheduling an appearance on Kimmel if you're going to cancel half the shows?  Just to salvage the other six?  Doesn't seem right.

Stranger things have happened, but I'm still not buying this rumor.

Agreed, though it is possible that the Kimmel appearance was just scheduled because the shows weren't selling to drum up interest and salvage the shows...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Silent Jay wrote:

"Six Las Vegas shows will be canceled due bad ticket selling
I got this information from organizators...News will be published in Monday."
from gnrkoncerti on mygnr.

I don't think it's true.

And no offense, but that's some pretty piss poor grammar being used right there to announce this rumor.  I mean, I get the fact that the guy is probably not an English speaking fellow, but if you're going to drop a bomb like that, at least get the words right and spell them correctly.

johndivney wrote:

do none of you guys know this gnrkoncerti on mygnr? i ain't on there so dunno the guy.
(how's that for bad grammer??)
(& yea, of course cancelled should have two l's!)

buzzsaw wrote:

though it is possible that the Kimmel appearance was just scheduled because the shows weren't selling to drum up interest and salvage the shows...

very possible - didn't axl say the only reason he gave an interview the last time (to some newspaper??) was because of promo. (was that in LA too??)
& when i say that, i figure it means the situation must be p dire - cause there's plenty of times in the past they coulda used promo to sell tix but never did, so maybe when things are really bad that's when he has to sell himself...???

Sky Dog wrote:

the guy admitted that he was just fucking around.....anyhow, I stand by my statement. I still don't think the shows will sell that well due to over-saturation.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

This is going to suck if they cancel our show.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

do none of you guys know this gnrkoncerti on mygnr? i ain't on there so dunno the guy.

That's fine, but when you make up words like "Organizator" it kills the credibility in my mind. Also "due bad ticket selling". Listen I hate to play the role of "Grammar Police". We've all made our share of mistakes. But this guy obviously was just making shit up, and poorly at that. Let's say he DID get such information. I wouldn't trust his comprehension of the info based on that poorly constructed post.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if the shows don't sell like hot cakes. But cancelations would surprise me, especially 6 of them.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

That's fine, but when you make up words like "Organizator" it kills the credibility in my mind. Also "due bad ticket selling". Listen I hate to play the role of "Grammar Police". We've all made our share of mistakes. But this guy obviously was just making shit up, and poorly at that. Let's say he DID get such information. I wouldn't trust his comprehension of the info based on that poorly constructed post.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if the shows don't sell like hot cakes. But cancelations would surprise me, especially 6 of them.

Selfishly I hope they don't sell well - at least for the show I'm going to.  I hate crowds.  Even at the Slash concert, I hung out as far back as I could and didn't go with when Smokin Guns and his posse tried to sneak to the front.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

it will get good walk up business so I don't think it will cancel...just don't think it will be packed every night.

Board footer