You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

do none of you guys know this gnrkoncerti on mygnr? i ain't on there so dunno the guy.
(how's that for bad grammer??)
(& yea, of course cancelled should have two l's!)

That's fine, but when you make up words like "Organizator" it kills the credibility in my mind. Also "due bad ticket selling". Listen I hate to play the role of "Grammar Police". We've all made our share of mistakes. But this guy obviously was just making shit up, and poorly at that. Let's say he DID get such information. I wouldn't trust his comprehension of the info based on that poorly constructed post.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if the shows don't sell like hot cakes. But cancelations would surprise me, especially 6 of them.

Selfishly I hope they don't sell well - at least for the show I'm going to.  I hate crowds.  Even at the Slash concert, I hung out as far back as I could and didn't go with when Smokin Guns and his posse tried to sneak to the front.

I hear you. And I also selfishly agree. While the show in Hartford I went to was pretty well attended, I was able to secure a spot on the floor about 10 feet back from the stage by showing up during Bach's set. Some friends of mine didn't come in until after Baz finished and they still got spots a little further behind me.

While part of me would love to see the playing to huge crowds. Situations like this have their perks.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

from my experiince they seem to feed off larger and more energetic crowds...the better the crowd the better the performance

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

it will get good walk up business so I don't think it will cancel...just don't think it will be packed every night.

The only issue I have with the oversaturation argument is that there is so much turnover in Vegas due to the tourism and travel in and out of the city.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

from my experiince they seem to feed off larger and more energetic crowds...the better the crowd the better the performance

That's every band through out the history of time. The more energy in the crowd the more energy on stage.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah i dig it...just responding to faldor and buzz who wanted a half full venue....just sayign they will geta better show if the place is jam packed and hoppin'

at the same time i'm getting to a point in my life where i don't wanna fight for every millimeter of space 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah i dig it...just responding to faldor and buzz who wanted a half full venue....just sayign they will geta better show if the place is jam packed and hoppin'

at the same time i'm getting to a point in my life where i don't wanna fight for every millimeter of space 16

Totally. Whether it's a venue that holds 50 or 5000 or 50 000 you want it to be full. The energy and overall vibe is just better that way. No different than walking into a sports arena and half the seats are empty as compared to a sell out.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I wasn't really talking about half full arenas.  The show I went to in Hartford was at an indoor theater, probably held about 5,000 and it was pretty close to capacity.  BUT, GNR back in the day would be selling out stadiums.  So it's nice to get a chance to see them at smaller venues, that they're more suited for these days. 

And the Vegas shows should be no exception.  While I don't necessarily think they'll be sellouts across the board, I do think attendance should be pretty good for the most part.  We'll see though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

They dont like playing anything from CD cool ad anyway

Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I wasn't really talking about half full arenas.  The show I went to in Hartford was at an indoor theater, probably held about 5,000 and it was pretty close to capacity.  BUT, GNR back in the day would be selling out stadiums.  So it's nice to get a chance to see them at smaller venues, that they're more suited for these days. 

And the Vegas shows should be no exception.  While I don't necessarily think they'll be sellouts across the board, I do think attendance should be pretty good for the most part.  We'll see though.

They never sold out stadiums in the US...only with Metallica and they were huge at the time as well. That was more of a festival tour than an individual Gnr show. I was there. I know.

Board footer