You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

Gibbo wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

yeah i dig it...just responding to faldor and buzz who wanted a half full venue....just sayign they will geta better show if the place is jam packed and hoppin'

at the same time i'm getting to a point in my life where i don't wanna fight for every millimeter of space 16

I wasn't really talking about half full arenas.  The show I went to in Hartford was at an indoor theater, probably held about 5,000 and it was pretty close to capacity.  BUT, GNR back in the day would be selling out stadiums.  So it's nice to get a chance to see them at smaller venues, that they're more suited for these days. 

And the Vegas shows should be no exception.  While I don't necessarily think they'll be sellouts across the board, I do think attendance should be pretty good for the most part.  We'll see though.

They never sold out stadiums in the US...only with Metallica and they were huge at the time as well. That was more of a festival tour than an individual Gnr show. I was there. I know.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't want it empty because I want them to fail...I want it empty because I hate being packed in with people.  It's purely for selfish reasons.

Sky Dog wrote:

In 1993 Gnr was an arena band in the US and a stadium band outside the US.

In 2012 Gnr is a theatre band in the US and an arena band outside the US.

It is what it is.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

In 1993 Gnr was an arena band in the US and a stadium band outside the US.

In 2012 Gnr is a theatre band in the US and an arena band outside the US.

It is what it is.

Fact.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't want it empty because I want them to fail...I want it empty because I hate being packed in with people.  It's purely for selfish reasons.

I understand your pain. I just went to a concert a few weeks ago and I was sick of all the pushing, shoving and rude people in the crowds during the opening acts.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Is this an anxiety thing, or just like mild claustrophobia?

Sky Dog wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I understand your pain. I just went to a concert a few weeks ago and I was sick of all the pushing, shoving and rude people in the crowds during the opening acts.

Boy, that means you are getting older! Welcome to the club!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Is this an anxiety thing, or just like mild claustrophobia?

I think it's more an I hate people thing.  I am quite introverted in real life.

I guess that qualifies as anxiety...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think it's more an I hate people thing.

I'm shocked. 14

Board footer