You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Remember that I said this:

If they play Locomotive, Sympathy For The Devil, If The World and Oh My God.... I will probably pass out from excitement.

Would be cool to hear Locomotive. Mainly I just hope the helium in his voice is mostly gone this time compared to the last tour. I thought he sounded pretty good in 2010, but not sure WTF happened in 2011 and earlier this year.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

RussTCB wrote:

Remember that I said this:

If they play Locomotive, Sympathy For The Devil, If The World and Oh My God.... I will probably pass out from excitement.

Especially Oh My God and If the World. I hear ya on that. I do love the cover of Sympathy and it would be really cool to hear it live with this current band.  If they play Prostitute that would kick ass too. If they busted out Yesterdays out of nowhere that would be quite a surprise.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Remember that I said this:

If they play Locomotive, Sympathy For The Devil, If The World and Oh My God.... I will probably pass out from excitement.

Well then it's official.  You created that fake setlist yourself.  Can't slip that one by me Russ. tongue

Like others have said, it looks like it could be legit.  Not too many far out there songs on the list, or new songs.  Lots of songs we've seen on these lists before.  So either someone made up a list consisting of only a few surprises, or it's legit.  I'd lean toward fake though.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Remember that I said this:

If they play Locomotive, Sympathy For The Devil, If The World and Oh My God.... I will probably pass out from excitement.

Would be cool to hear Locomotive. Mainly I just hope the helium in his voice is mostly gone this time compared to the last tour. I thought he sounded pretty good in 2010, but not sure WTF happened in 2011 and earlier this year.


Based on his atrocious Bridge School performance (the worst i've ever heard him, far surpassing Rio IV)... I highly doubt it.

Axl wasn't even hitting correct keys. He sounded like some karoake guy in a bar mimicking him -- badly.




Wait a minute, lemme guess...


He was sick, right? That was the reason. Sure. roll


The guy needs to stop doing live stuff, and just be a studio artist for a good five years. You do a take, kick ass, go home. Do another take, go home. Do another, go home. Then you'd get about 3-4 new GN'R albums with full rasp 1987 & 2010 Axl full bore, rather than the live shit we've gotten.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

faldor wrote:

He was better the 2nd night.  Not vintage Axl by any stretch, but better than the first night.  For what it's worth.

http://soundcloud.com/gnrbootlegs/guns- … h-annual-1

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

Axlin16 wrote:

Thx for the heads up man, i'll check it out. When I listened to the first night, I kept wondering where that Neil Young special guest appearence was at that Axl talked about on Kimmel.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 644 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

monkeychow wrote:

I'd lean toward it being real.

I was thinking about what they could do to make this tour different...without having to actually do any new material....and all I can come up with is deeper cuts from the back catalogue.

Obvious choices:

-Double Talking Jive (Easy to Sing when Axl's voice is burnt, and begging for a 3 tarist jam session at the end)
-Breakdown - not too hard to sing.
-Locomotive (just to take back all the slash songs wink )
- Coma (but it's hard to sing)
- Move to the City (cos it worked in the UYI days)
- Mamma Kin

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd lean toward it being real.

I was thinking about what they could do to make this tour different...without having to actually do any new material....and all I can come up with is deeper cuts from the back catalogue.

Obvious choices:

-Double Talking Jive (Easy to Sing when Axl's voice is burnt, and begging for a 3 tarist jam session at the end)
-Breakdown - not too hard to sing.
-Locomotive (just to take back all the slash songs wink )
- Coma (but it's hard to sing)
- Move to the City (cos it worked in the UYI days)
- Mamma Kin

Knowing his latest performances, Axl will die on stage if he tries to sing Locomotive or Coma. DTJ and Breakdown would sound ridiculous on the Mickey Mouse voice, too.

I've never understood why they didn't play the Axl songs off UYI. Fans would love to hear Yesterdays or Dead Horse, they are easy to play, easy to sing (well, you need some breath for DH), so they'd be obvious choices. Even Back Off Bitch, Right Next Door to Hell or Since I Don't Have You would be better than the same old.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB