You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

monkeychow wrote:

Actually, as well as being pro nostalgia with the name,  the shows were explicitly billed as something never before seen and containing custom set lists not heard on the other tours.

So I sort of disagree. Normally if the set list is the same it's just people complaining about it because they're bored without a new album, but in this instance the advertising said it would be new and then it wasn't (yet)..and so there's some grounds for it.

Personally I'm not really that fussed, as I said above, I think the band needs something new to reconnect with it's marketplace and fans...but if they choose not to do that it's their business.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah just because it's called "Appetite for Democracy" is really academic.  It appears this could just turn into The Chinese Democracy tour Part 69504.

That's fine though, the setlist works in the main so why go out on a limb and change anything.  Although as Buzz said, for me personally having effectively seen this show 3 times in 2007 and again in 2010 I'm not sure I would waste the money again barring something significantly different.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I like the snapshots one (2nd pic from bottom) and the 2nd pic from the top

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

The first, the second and the 5th looks badass. I'll probably buy the first through my local store if they manage to get one.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Glad to see they have some shirts with the rest of the band...was looking pretty troubling until I got to those.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Those are without any doubt THE FUCKING BEST new-era GN'R shirts ever created in their existence.

Some of the art ones should've been used to promote the AFD-Vegas stay rather than the dated Robert Williams painting, and the three new band shots (A/R card included) are so bad ass to see those guys, and current Axl, getting overdue coverage.

Sky Dog wrote:

the one with the royal straight flush is cool and simple...I like that one. Buzz and Russ will be hoping for a few of those shortly!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Does anybody know if they run up to XXL? I like my shirts a tad baggy.

Board footer