You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Megadeth Singer Doubles Down on Government Shooting Claims

-D- wrote:

Fucking Scary people like he and Ted Nugent exist.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

While I don't agree with Mustaine's conspiracy theory ideas.....

I will say that in a world where facts are often secondary to spin, where advertising lies to us constantly, where critical reasoning and depth of thought is all but absent in the media and society at large..

I find it refreshing that he challenges ideas, that he thinks on things rather than taking things at face value, and that he speaks out despite the shame of doing so sometimes.

Yes he's probably wrong, but to me it's better to be thinking and have free expression of your thoughts, even when wrong, then to be asleep or silent. So while I find this outburst some what preposterous.....kudos to him for remaining political and speaking his mind.

I also have a lot of respect for Dave because of setbacks in his personal life he's overcome, and because he's at genius level on guitar and musically in my opinion.

So yeah...i can see why you all think this is silly, but he's an amazing guy IMO.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

-D- wrote:

Fucking Scary people like he and Ted Nugent exist.

Mustaine should stick to politics in his lyrics not these pointless, hurtful rants that offer nothing but paranoid rambling without facts to back it up!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

http://loudwire.com/motley-crue-nikki-s … aine-rant/

Nikki putting Dave in his place with class! cool

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

What bill is Obama trying to pass? It's hilarious that liberals have been trouncing him since Gabby Giffords that he hasn't even attempted to touch gun legislation.

Wayne Lapierre has been running his mouth about this kind of shit, saying Omaba has this secret conspiracy, trying to get more people to join the NRA. He personally brings in about hundred million a year off of membership dues. That's his salary. Nothing better than scare tactics to scare himself more money. And some idiots just eat it up.

Dave is actually a bright guy, but he's also a junkie, and most junkies who substitute their drug addiction with something else (almost always religion), usually go all fucking right wing crazy. It's very weak willed, weak minded stuff, imo. Because guys like Dave are way too smart to believe that shit.

It makes me respect someone like Anthony Kedis even more, who can kick his addictions and be strong enough not to turn into a brainless zombie who needs some sort of mind controlling fix.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Well done by Nikki. He's right, Mustaine should move the hell out. I'm a believer that our Constitutional rights are being diminished more and more every year (this trend has gone on for 100+ years), but it's still a much better place to live than 99.99% of the world.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I've never understood the "love it exactly as is or get the fuck out" mentality

with that mindset there would be no progress of any kind for humanity

what's wrong with acknowledging your areas of weakness and working to improve them?

America is a wonderful country, but surely it could be made even better by admitting there's areas that need some review, and americans working together to improve those areas.

But it seems you guys are allowed to love your country 100% the way it is unconditionally or you can fuck off. So you loose the chance for areas where you could be leading the world.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It's the same here too.

If you point out any area where Australia could improve people start telling you to move to the USA or NZ or whatever if you don't like it.

It's a really weird mindset.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I've never understood the "love it exactly as is or get the fuck out" mentality

with that mindset there would be no progress of any kind for humanity

what's wrong with acknowledging your areas of weakness and working to improve them?

America is a wonderful country, but surely it could be made even better by admitting there's areas that need some review, and americans working together to improve those areas.

But it seems you guys are allowed to love your country 100% the way it is unconditionally or you can fuck off. So you loose the chance for areas where you could be leading the world.

In terms of our freedoms, we're probably the best place to live on the planet. If Mustaine wants to call it a Nazi country, then he should visit China and some of those other places where there are actual totalitarian governments in control.

Board footer