You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

Bro-mero wrote:

Woah Russ calm your tits

Negative Karma..really?

Someones on their time of the month

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Anyways...

I thought Axl sounded off pretty well in You're Crazy but then started to use his Mickey Mouse voice the rest of the way. Needs to use a lower tone...

Every time he'd stop the beginning of a song I thought we were going to hear new material..Dang

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

Axl forgot the words in Welcome To The Jungle at one point

Yes he made a mistake. How human of him?

war wrote:

better was cool

russ - axl souned good and only sounded good when he sang in his natural range..

yet he chose to sing falsetto in parts of used to love her when the studio version would have been natural range.

it makes no sense - does he not know how bad his highss sound these days?

why not cater the songs to his natural range.

heres an idea....releaes a new album without the 6 octave range

new material that everyone wants and that you can sing live

at this rate hes killing his career

I get what you're saying, but I think he did ok. You have to remember that he's in a state of damned if he does, damned it he's doesn't. Dude couldn't come out tonight and killed it, yet all of our armchair performers would've second guess him every step of the way.

He didnt kill it now did he?  He didnt even try, that is the problem.
And its fans like you who put up with it and give him a pass that makes him keep doing it.

Rio was a disaster and this is rio all over again.
Now I am pretty sure they are playing again tomorrow.
lets see how he rebounds, if its more of hte same then what?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

It was sucky

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

im sure he was out of practice and not warmed up because this happens at the beginning of every tour

but, like i said, every time he tried to add rasp his voice went further out of tune and lost significant power and even cut out several times completely.

hes lazy but he does seem to have lost the upper part of his voice imo

he needs to be smarter if he wants to continue his career much longer

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I haven't seen this yet...just got home...hoping to catch some on youtube.

Although, speaking of the topic in general, I think the reason people see incidents such as RIO11 as disasters is that without a catalogue of their own music to play, the band hangs on the precarious thread of being GNR because they have Axl. So then when Axl's voice doesn't have the qualities that he became famous for (pitch, power, range, rasp etc)...you sort of ask what is left....these things could be averted if the modern band did their own music...as then you'd be watching bumble and DJ kick fucking ass playing unique stuff even if Axl is having a bad day.

I'd liken it to motley. I saw them last year and they were terrible. Vince's voice was shot to hell, Nikki seemed to phone it in - he seemed jetlagged or something, Mick played his heart out but was clearly suffering from his illness (huge respect to him for making the effort anyway) but in the end the only guy who was at original  level was tommy who belted the fuck out of the kit.

Vince didn't cop the full weight of that bad show - as for better or worse - what I saw was motley - the guys who wrote the old songs - playing the old songs - and some new stuff they wrote.

The current guys in GNR are a great band. But without playing their own music - they might as well be covering anything. Bumble could play anything - he's a genius on guitar - he could get up there and play the whole van hallen back catalogue note perfect I'd guess. So the only thing that makes it GNR as opposed to just witnessing an awesome guitar clinic or something is Axl....so that's why his voice is so important to people.

For my part, having not seen this yet, I'm curious to know why he's been singing this way all of a sudden, has his voice deteriorated? I'm not so sure as he sang in a similar style in 02...then was back to rasp in 06 and 09.....so again...no one expects him to sing like 25 years ago as a guy in his 50s or whatever...but realistically as recently as 3 years ago he was still screaming the house down....

war

war wrote:

russ - its all the same, man

i hear ya

lots of negativity but look at it this way

you think its an 8.5 or 7.5 or whatever - on a scale of one to ten
some may say 1 or 0

we all agree it was towards the bottom compared with other shows

don't we?

it's really just another way of looking at the same thing after that

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Axl whistled the intro to Patience pretty well!

There's a positive, Russ!

war

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I haven't seen this yet...just got home...hoping to catch some on youtube.

Although, speaking of the topic in general, I think the reason people see incidents such as RIO11 as disasters is that without a catalogue of their own music to play, the band hangs on the precarious thread of being GNR because they have Axl. So then when Axl's voice doesn't have the qualities that he became famous for (pitch, power, range, rasp etc)...you sort of ask what is left....these things could be averted if the modern band did their own music...as then you'd be watching bumble and DJ kick fucking ass playing unique stuff even if Axl is having a bad day.

i don't agree - people are there to see axl. when he sucks they are pissed. 90 percent bitched on the chat bar.  a lot of thoes 90 percent referred to the band and not axl. the band played what people wanted to hear and noone noticed. the was awesome tonight and noone noticed. axl stuck out like a sore thumb.

Board footer