You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

war wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Axls voice is not in shape, that is why he cant sing. Its also why he sounds better at the end of the tour than the beginning, because his voice is almost in shape by the end.  Just think if he trained for a few months before going on tour.

And he did have a great natural voice (just look at the demo of dont cry) when his voice is his shape, but if you dont use it, you lose it

ive agreed with that til the last couple legs

lately it seems he starts out of shape and ends too tired

maybe hes not preparing and now hes not doing what is necessary during the tour as well to maintain the shape

i dont know

maybe its everything

age, practice, maintenance

i think it is

he needs to become more of a professional  IMO

get in shape, warm up, stay in shape, and stop singing songs he cant sing if he cant, move on and use his strengths

jordan became more of a jump shooter in the second half of his career yet won more championships then hmmmm

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Vocal range has NOTHING to do with singing at all.
It does not matter how good your range IS or WAS, you can have someone with little vocal range sound BETTER than someone that has a better vocal range.

Just take eddie vedder and axl tonight.
Axl has a much bigger vocal range yet eddie vedder sounded better.

Axl has  a better vocal range than Mark Foster from Foster the people but Mark blows Axl out of the water when it comes to singing.

You have no clue what you're saying when you say range has nothing to do with singing.

Ali

You have no clue, Adele is a way better singer than axl, and Axls range is way more than hers (Axl is like what 4 maybe 5 vs Adele being a 3).  Adele is one of the best singers in the world and doesnt have the range of Axl.

You have no clue.

I understand the distinction between range and vocal tone or quality. I'm not arguing that. But, to say that range has nothing to do with singing, when it is something that can be broadened with vocal exercises, i.e. singing, is absurd.

Ali

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

If you look at dizzy piano on better you can see a song after paradise city
Dont let it bother you i think it says

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

ff.jpg

Neil Young - Don't Let It Bring You Down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … G1HY2zLc1s

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

lol nice

but.....these re a dime a dozen

johndivney wrote:

don't let it bring you down is like the best fucking song ever

was lucky enough to see neil young live @ dublin castle a couple of years ago. man he was amazing. he fucking near ripped the place apart w/his guitar playing & the setlist was flawless. he even did words & it was just one of those fucking moments. then on the train on the way back some girl started singing don't let it bring you down & sure enough the whole carriage started in along w/her.  fun stuff. neil brings the love.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Ali wrote:

I have to say that as someone at the show, the reactions of the group of eight people I was with and all the people around me that I saw who were dancing and cheering, is night and day with the reactions of those on the Internet forums.

Ali

cool ali, glad you had a good time

i think what alot of us are missing is the entire mix of the music in a live setting, i havent watched the stream yet, but we are probably getting a mic out front type of mix, which probably isnt going to be the most flattering

he is trying to scream his head off over 7 other guys for fuck sake

anyway i got bashed for RIO so i'll prolly get bashed here too, will go to the DL section now to watch gibbo's copy

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Ali wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ali wrote:

You have no clue what you're saying when you say range has nothing to do with singing.

Ali

You have no clue, Adele is a way better singer than axl, and Axls range is way more than hers (Axl is like what 4 maybe 5 vs Adele being a 3).  Adele is one of the best singers in the world and doesnt have the range of Axl.

You have no clue.

I understand the distinction between range and vocal tone or quality. I'm not arguing that. But, to say that range has nothing to do with singing, when it is something that can be broadened with vocal exercises, i.e. singing, is absurd.

Ali

as you age your voice changes....it happens all the time axl is trying to sing like he did when he was 28, maybe he needs to adjust? maybe he just wants to keep doin what he is is doin

Vince neil (the times i have seen him live he has had a tough time, but i've just seen his solo act not crue
steven tyler sounds like crap compared to the 90's but he is older, at least on the recordings i have heard fromt he last couple albums, i havent seen any live footage from areosmith in ages
robert [plant had zeppelin retranspose everything down so he could hit the notes when they did their reunion crap)
hetfeild sounds different in recent years compared to the 90's
mick jagger is another who sounds different

shit happens man, body's change when they get old

hell maybe if gnr changed the tuning oftheir guitars from eb to d or up to e we would even have this discussion

as for davegnfr, you've been a whiny bitch for years and the only time i see you log in is to complain so dont play the "woe is me, i'm disappointed, not negative" card

anyway off to watch the gig

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Jesus, his voice is all over the place. And it's always like this when he hasn't used it for months. And those gigs are always the ones that are televised or recorded 'cause they're at the start of the tour.

Remember when Sebastian Bach put him in touch with his vocal coach and he actually bothered to train his voice up? Yeah, that was 2006, where he was the best he's been in recent years.

Team Brazil really, really need to hook him up with a vocal coach and lean on him to make him practice.

Board footer