You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder if there's vault stuff with older vocals around. There could still be a future for GNR in the studio even if his voice is unreliable live.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well you're crazy sounds bad ass...

i gotta head out for a bit but will watch rest later and comment

EDIT: and UTLH is pretty awesome sounding too...

(here comes the neemo is on the payroll comment 16 )

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

ok you guys are fuckign crazy...i dunno what to say man

aside from the flub at the begining jungle was pretty good...maybe a coiuple flutterery out of breath parts but it wasn't that bad at all... hmm

so far the first 3 are pretty good....lets see you fuckers sing jungle and see what happens, not alot of breathing space in that tune, but he was on key and he kept it together after the fuckup, gotta go no for real will watch rest later

johndivney wrote:
Neemo wrote:

as you age your voice changes....it happens all the time axl is trying to sing like he did when he was 28, maybe he needs to adjust? maybe he just wants to keep doin what he is is doin

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder if there's vault stuff with older vocals around. There could still be a future for GNR in the studio even if his voice is unreliable live.

the thin is, he's always been hit & miss song-by-song live, even goin back to the oldest days.

i think he needed to adjust the way he sang certain songs vs. the studio versions pretty much forever. he cannot replicate live what he does in the studio, on every single song on every single night.
he does need to adjust, especially on some of the new songs. but he just chooses not to bother even trying to sing them, rather than trying to re-arrange them so they're comfortable live. he just wants to keep doin what he's doin - minimal effort for a decent paycheck. can't blame him, i do that myself! wink

but hey, this idea of his being always hit & miss doesnt excuse his lack of preparation or effort & in fact just highlights the need for more of that.
maybe if he actually did soundcheck & rehearse he would eventually find a way to deliver w/the power needed but also w/the control & style that would stop him messing up.

my point is, this isn't an isolated case (& is, typically, being blown out of proportion) - it goes waaaaaaaaay back, not just RiR3 but even further. he's more exposed now tho & can do even less to cover it up, mainly that's due to age & laziness tho.

as for a future in the studio? there is NO FUTURE in that regard sad

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:
gibbo wrote:

For anyone not watching it ill have it in the download section

Thanks man! I would love to hear GNR and Jack's set out of the bands playing.

Iv put jacks set in there as well mate

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Same apologists, different day.

I think Axl sounded like he has the past two years. Which isn't good.

He needs better conditioning and some work with a coach because his tone reminds me of 2001 Axl.

I'm sorry to say that he simply isn't singing well enough right now.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

btw, I think I have now heard everything, from 'everyone had a good time'...therefore the voice must have been good to 'the mix wasn't where it should have been'....meaning that there were a collection of angles off which Axl voice reflects such that the helium sound turns into 2006 era, chainsaw Axl.

Time to sell.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I haven't seen the video, and I probably won't watch it.  I see some pretty hardcore Axl supporters in this thread saying it wasn't good...that's good enough for me.

This thread went downhill pretty quickly.  I don't think of Bro-mero as a basher by any means, and I didn't think he said anything worth being banned over.  I thought at least one other person was far worse than he was in this thread.

It's pretty sad.  Even though I don't agree with Russ in his general assessemnt of all things GnR (not specific to this event), I get why he gets frustrated.  He enjoys it, and it bothers him when people seem to come out of the woodwork to slag it.  I get it - I'm sure I like plenty of music that people think sucks and I would feel the same way as he does.

As for Ali's comments, I would expect him/her to say it was the greatest show ever; if (s)he went to the St Louis riot show, (s)he'd praise the post concert party as a major success.  Sometimes you just have to take the comments with a grain of salt given the poster and not respond to it.  I know it's easier said than done and we all respond sometimes, but I've been trying really hard to just let some of the silly (to me) things people say go...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

WAIT. WHAT'S THAT?? Someone at a GN'R show thought it was better than a bunch of people on the internet hoping and wishing for failure ??

I've only seen some clips of the Jungle fuck up, and that was pretty bad. I'm yet to see the full performance before calling final judgement.

But Russ, do you honestly think we're hoping and wishing for failure, really...:ummm:

We want the guy to succeed, at least I know I do.

I want Axl, regardless of his age, to come out and kick all sorts of ass, at whatever level he can. And what I've seen just looks like a guy that doesn't give a shit.

Maybe watching the full performance will say otherwise, and I hope it does.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Nobody knows what Axl's rehearse schedule or his workout schedule is.

If u don't understand why they mix things then I'm sorry, if u up the rest of the band I bet it would sound a lot different

Nobody is forcing u guys to watch it either....why put yourself thru the misery if u hate it so much? Life's too short man hmm I thought the first 2 songs were good and Wttj wasn't too bad...u hated it, lets agree to disagree, I also like snakepit though so what do I know tongue

Board footer