You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

Ali wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Ali wrote:

I live about 15 minutes away and will be there.  I will give a full report and do my best to give live updates.  But, having seen many, many shows at Shoreline, connecting to the net via the cell network can be tricky when the venue is packed.

Ali

Very nice. When the gig draws near, I can shoot you my cell number if you'd like to text updates and/or pictures to me and I can relay them to the board.

That sounds great to me.

FYI, everyone, this is in essentially in the heart of Silicon Valley and the venue is within walking distance of at least one of the main Google campuses.

It's about 45 minutes south of San Francisco and also north of San Jose.

Although this article stated it correctly as being in Mountain View, other articles have incorrectly stated the location of the venue.

Also, as a Bay Area resident, I can state with a good amount of confidence that this show is one of the most anticipated and respected shows in the Bay Area on a yearly basis along with perhaps Outside Lands.

Anyway, just some background there smile

Ali

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Gotta be honest, for all the stick Team Brazil have gotten, they're doing a bloody good job of getting Axl out there.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

So is this like a charity gig?  If so good on them.

Re the Lebeis',  to play devils advocate, perhaps now that the buck rests with them they are less likely to obstruct and obfusicate things knowing their ass is on the line. Also maybe there is dollars in it for them too( not this gig), so it's also in their interest to get Axl up off the canvas, self interest can be a very motivating thing.  Maye they are prepared to risk upsetting Axl with a few things if there's the chance of a dollar in it for themselves.

Oh well if it gets the job done and gets the hermit out using his talent good luck to them.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Re the Lebeis',  to play devils advocate, perhaps now that the buck rests with them they are less likely to obstruct and obfusicate things knowing their ass is on the line. Also maybe there is dollars in it for them too( not this gig), so it's also in their interest to get Axl up off the canvas, self interest can be a very motivating thing.  Maye they are prepared to risk upsetting Axl with a few things if there's the chance of a dollar in it for themselves.

Oh well if it gets the job done and gets the hermit out using his talent good luck to them.

It could be that Axl wants to please them as well.  Past managers he could give 2 shits about, but he obviously loves and trusts Beta, Fernando, Vanessa, whoever else.  A LOT of people gave them shit when they got the gig, but I think they've done a fine job so far.  Obviously a few glitches along the way, but they're new to the game and they're putting forth the effort, which is good to see.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Looks like an epic show for a good cause! For the love of Christ, Axl better be on time! Sucks I won't be able to make it!

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

When Team Brazil get him into a studio with the band I'll be impressed

johndivney wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yea its an annual event for physically & mentally disabled kids. Two of Neil Youngs kids have cerebral palsy.

Co-incidentally NY was a co-founder of Farm Aid too.

& generally speaking it is acoustic but not necessarily so could be chance for something different

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Scabbie wrote:

When Team Brazil get him into a studio with the band I'll be impressed

Yeah - that's the acid test. But they've been doing a damn good job of lining up gigs and actually sorting out some proper promo so far.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
faldor wrote:

Obviously a few glitches along the way, but they're new to the game and they're putting forth the effort, which is good to see.

Beta's been around long enough to know the ropes, and GNR is too big a business to be used to 'rehearse' your way into the management industry.

I like the most recent efforts, but don't cut them that 'new kids' slack. They did essentially blackmail Axl to give in and appoint Team Brazil.

Lomax wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
faldor wrote:

Obviously a few glitches along the way, but they're new to the game and they're putting forth the effort, which is good to see.

Beta's been around long enough to know the ropes, and GNR is too big a business to be used to 'rehearse' your way into the management industry.

I like the most recent efforts, but don't cut them that 'new kids' slack. They did essentially blackmail Axl to give in and appoint Team Brazil.

They blackmailed him? How-so?

Board footer