You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

That's the one.

"We decided, 'No more managers,'" said Lebeis a few days after the Seattle concert. "Between me and Fernando and my daughter, we're dealing with the management." Lebeis added that she characterizes Rose as "more than a son to me," and that after Katsis' departure, "I told [Rose] if he hires another manager, I quit." - LA Times

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That interview does bother me. Leveraging her status as adopted mother to gain control of the business side seems inappropriate.

I've always figured it was team brazil who kept Axl alive. After that footage of him at a rage at the airport last year I figure that he still has difficult moments in private. So you could think of them as wrangling his angst and helping him break down less often....compared to the UYI era onstage meltdowns.

Then again...multiple sources have stated that communication with Axl must go through beta...and it's obvious from even things he says on stage that he's only told what he needs to know or often told things at diplomatic times. So then when you have a situation where there seems to be fundamental miss communication between Axl and some of the biggest powerbrokers around - Azof, universal, and high level mangers like Doc McGhee - over and over again - and when guys like Slash and Duff are blocked from communication with Axl - you do wonder to what extent maybe Team Brazil aids in intentional obfuscation of anyone who they think might become closer to Axl than they are themselves....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I guess what I mean is - in a way it's kinda telling that things suddenly improve once team brazil is given complete authority.

It's hard to believe they could be more astute at deal making than guys like Azof or Doc McGhee who manage some of the biggest acts in the world.

So it comes down to one of two scenarios:

Either all the professional managers are sort of on the take and pushing Axl into stuff he doesn't want (reunions etc) which causes Axl to rebel and nothing to happen.

or

Team Brazil has been working behind the scenes for years to ensure that any management Axl has only does things that are compatible with their own status and their own agenda.

Or most likely it's a mix of both.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I say it's a mix of both if you look at what has happened down the road these past couple of years.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

They did manage the band (before calling themselves Team Brazil) during the interim of Merck (Dec '06) and Azoff (early '08). The band toured in Australia and Japan during that period and, right, Axl supposedly finished CD.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

FYI, it's looking like GN'R may play both days.  At least, according to Ticketmaster.  I haven't seen any official confirmation from the GN'R camp on that.

If GN'R plays both days, I will be there at both the 20 and 21st of October shows.

Ali

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali

Ali wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Ali wrote:

FYI, it's looking like GN'R may play both days.  At least, according to Ticketmaster.  I haven't seen any official confirmation from the GN'R camp on that.

If GN'R plays both days, I will be there at both the 20 and 21st of October shows.

Ali

Right on! Remind me a couple days in advance and I'll get you my number for updates and pics.

Will do 22

FYI, I just called the venue (Shoreline Amphitheatre) and they said GN'R is playing both days.

I don't expect anything to necessarily be different, but I think this will likely be the only opportunity I get to see an acoustic GN'R show so I might as well see it twice.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:

Tickets for both days have been purchased.  I'm good to go and enjoy some acoustic GN'R.

Ali

Board footer