You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes, no one said that.  Just that there was a greater significance to these shows.

Ali

Nobody said it, but some insinuated. I can only wonder that some people need to see a benefit show to realize that other people are facing enormous and sometimes unbearable problems.

Anyway, back to the debate about the magical performance. wink 
Beside Axl's utter shit singin', the players sounded good. Especially Bumble did a great job. I liked this version of Better instrumentally and Jungle had great musical moments, too. They could be an interesting band under different circumstances.

People don't need to see a benefit show to realize it, but I think sometimes it helps to be reminded.

As for the performance, I think Jungle was just bad but some of the other tunes were good. The videos surfacing from Sunday night are getting better reviews than Saturday too.

Agreed.  Nothing wrong with taking a step back and looking at the big picture, especially in this particular situation.

Ali

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I looked at the show and was underwhelmed, the band are under rehearsed for an acoustic gig and a once or twice the guitars are a little out of tune. Axl is what Axl is nowadays, I'm not opening that wound.
Not baiting anybody here but if you watch Slash & Myles doing 'Far & Away' and look at this..........GNR sound dog tired...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I can only wonder that some people need to see a benefit show to realize that other people are facing enormous and sometimes unbearable problems.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Watching the first night. It's awful. It can rival the Rio disaster. Axl sounds like a karaoke parody of himself. Retire or rehearse.

You watched a benefit show to to realize Axl was facing enormous and sometimes unbearable problems with his singing on the first night. 14

Personally, I'm just saying it's not the end of the world, or the band. A bad night for him, definitely. The crowd seemed to be taking it all in, tho. Seeing them feel good about it made me feel warm inside, too. If that's evading the realities of Ax's performance to you, too bad.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I can only wonder that some people need to see a benefit show to realize that other people are facing enormous and sometimes unbearable problems.

Mikkamakka wrote:

Watching the first night. It's awful. It can rival the Rio disaster. Axl sounds like a karaoke parody of himself. Retire or rehearse.

You watched a benefit show to to realize Axl was facing enormous and sometimes unbearable problems with his singing on the first night. 14

Personally, I'm just saying it's not the end of the world, or the band. A bad night for him, definitely. The crowd seemed to be taking it all in, tho. Seeing them feel good about it made me feel warm inside, too. If that's evading the realities of Ax's performance to you, too bad.

So you mean that Axl is always underrehearsed and doesn't prepare for the shows/tours after a hiatus and we should get used to it? 10

Sorry, I can't. His underachieving always suprises me, cause I expect more. Even I could have sung those tunes better than he did. Any of the forum members, I bet. You can be happy that other people were happy. Good for you. But this performance was very bad from a musical perspective. And as far as I know it's a music board. 5

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

So you mean that Axl is always underrehearsed and doesn't prepare for the shows/tours after a hiatus and we should get used to it? 10

First night = First out of two at the Bridge School Event.

Little evidence exists on the 2nd night so far, but it seems to gone down better.

Mikkamakka wrote:

So you mean that Axl is always underrehearsed and doesn't prepare for the shows/tours after a hiatus and we should get used to it?

You said that, not me, BUT.

That does seem to be the case, and chances are it will happen in the future until he gets smart or we get lucky. Pointing out that he's in ill shape is one thing, but don't expect it to make any difference in how he conducts himself. The best you can do (after establishing a fair point) is to keep dragging with it and sounding like a broken record.

johndivney wrote:

mikka, the guy was ill.
it wasn't [just] that he was under-prepared, he was sick. ffs, we've discussed it to death already, have you not read the previous pages in the thread? can you not get over it already?

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

You know, I'm sick of the "he was sick" excuse. When I was a kid, every day I didn't do my homework and was anxious, I got ill in 5 minutes. Really ill. My best cure for Axl would be rehearsal.

On the other hand he could have skipped the "difficult" songs. He was only bad on SCOM and Patience. That was acceptable. But his awful WTTJ performance even made the music sites here. One of the titles was "You haven't heard a shittier Welcome to the Jungle". Sad but true. And it wouldn't have happened with a bit more self-criticm at least.

johndivney wrote:

ok. can we move on now?

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
johndivney wrote:

ok. can we move on now?

We can. Sorry for wasting your time, although I'm surprised that you have so little patience, after you posted the same argument about the Kimmel show for like a hundred times. So let's elaborate that a little bit more. 22

Board footer