You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses, Jack White set for Bridge School Benefit

johndivney wrote:

ok.
i was posting. what you're saying is the exact same thing 5 or 6 others have already posted over the past 3/4 days.
but yea. sorry. have at it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:

ok.
i was posting. what you're saying is the exact same thing 5 or 6 others have already posted over the past 3/4 days.
but yea. sorry. have at it.

Don't Let It Bring You Down
It's only castles burning
Find someone who's turning
And you will come around. axl

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If he is sick, then should've done something easier like Brownstone instead of Better etc.

Of course if the 2nd night was better, 'Im assuming he got magically cured in one day.

I don't mind Axl missing a lyric or being off key here n there but god damn, his voice sounds tiny, helium filled and just bad on that first night.

Now this doesn't mean the band is over or he has lost it. ony he has done fuck all since tour ended.

-D-

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

If his symptoms weren't bad then, that just further proves he was more Unprepared than anything else.

Axl has shown a pattern of this. So thats why I don't give him benefit of the doubt. Wasn't he "sick" or something at RIR4? I can't remember.

Not saying I hate Axl now or am no longer a fan. I'm sure by Oct 31st, he will have it together but I like to call a spade a spade. People on here trying their best "Spin" and I say, just call it what it was. no big deal.

Yeah, Beta was at Axl's defense on HTGTH today.  She said Axl did have a 104 degree temperature at RIR, and brought up a myriad of other factors.  I get the frustration.  There are always excuses.  It's a case of the Boy Who Cried Wolf.  After awhile, people don't want to hear it anymore, or just flat out don't believe it.  And unfortunately, that's the case we have here.  I believe Axl probably wasn't at 100% health, but deep down that wasn't the overriding factor for his struggles that night.  Sure it may have played a part, but there's always more to it than that. 

Regardless, it was a great cause and now the show must go on.  To Vegas! 9

I think its exaggerated. u couldn't walk with a 104 degree temp let a lone perform.

-D-

-D- wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Patience second night sounded great, much better form from Axl!

outro was still terrible did sound like a sore throat on that cause he couldn't unleash like he normally does.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

If his symptoms weren't bad then, that just further proves he was more Unprepared than anything else.

Axl has shown a pattern of this. So thats why I don't give him benefit of the doubt. Wasn't he "sick" or something at RIR4? I can't remember.

Not saying I hate Axl now or am no longer a fan. I'm sure by Oct 31st, he will have it together but I like to call a spade a spade. People on here trying their best "Spin" and I say, just call it what it was. no big deal.

Yeah, Beta was at Axl's defense on HTGTH today.  She said Axl did have a 104 degree temperature at RIR, and brought up a myriad of other factors.  I get the frustration.  There are always excuses.  It's a case of the Boy Who Cried Wolf.  After awhile, people don't want to hear it anymore, or just flat out don't believe it.  And unfortunately, that's the case we have here.  I believe Axl probably wasn't at 100% health, but deep down that wasn't the overriding factor for his struggles that night.  Sure it may have played a part, but there's always more to it than that. 

Regardless, it was a great cause and now the show must go on.  To Vegas! 9

I think its exaggerated. u couldn't walk with a 104 degree temp let a lone perform.

I agree that's not possible, but I'm guessing what was meant that at some point during the time in Rio for RIR4, he had a high fever.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

If he is sick, then should've done something easier like Brownstone instead of Better etc.

Of course if the 2nd night was better, 'Im assuming he got magically cured in one day.

I don't mind Axl missing a lyric or being off key here n there but god damn, his voice sounds tiny, helium filled and just bad on that first night.

Now this doesn't mean the band is over or he has lost it. ony he has done fuck all since tour ended.

Magically cured?  No, I don't think that's possible.  But, antibiotics can improve your symptoms, even if it doesn't make you completely asymptomatic, or shorten your acute symptomatic period quite a bit.  Nothing magical about that.

Ali

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

Magically cured?  No, I don't think that's possible.  But, antibiotics can improve your symptoms, even if it doesn't make you completely asymptomatic, or shorten your acute symptomatic period quite a bit.  Nothing magical about that.

Ali

Right.  Let's not forget Slash had to cancel a show recently because Myles was sick but was "magically cured" the next day and able to perform on Conan.

I agree that the "sickness" excuse, is just that, an excuse.  Obviously, in a perfect world, nobody would get sick, and they'd perform at optimal levels all the time.  Life doesn't work that way.  So while I don't think they're lying by saying Axl was sick the other night, or at Rio, it doesn't totally discount the performance. 

Regardless, enough harping on one bad night.  Let's move on.  Good things lay ahead, and that's where the focus should be.

Board footer