You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Axl's net worth....Article Sept 2012

Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ppp wrote:

Actually people like Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Rihanna and Usher have done private gigs for a while. Usually overseas. Sorry I didn't mean to go off topic here.

2 washed up, one ghetto whore and Beyonce.  Kind of proves my point.

14 no offense dude but Mariah Carey may be washed up but if you think Usher is washed up you need to step into 2012. Walk into any club the guy is still huge with NEW songs. His songs are all over the place. Rihanna is also mega popular regardless of how ghetto she may be.  Beyonce isn't even remotely the chart topper that Usher and Rihanna have been the last 3-5 years so  by "2 washed up"  you'd far beter off including Beyonce than you are Usher.

These people in 2012 are much more relevant than Axl Rose in terms of chart success and pop culture so.....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

for a band with such a limited catalog, and limited life span of being really popular, they have done really well. AFD, Lies, UYI, plus 1 true mega-tour around the globe.

the thing that surprised me the most is steven adler being worth millions. i think i just assumed he was broke and needing to live off of whatever royalties he's still getting from AFD.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no way he's worth 150 million.

And just a few years ago Steven was broke.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ppp wrote:

Actually people like Beyonce, Mariah Carey, Rihanna and Usher have done private gigs for a while. Usually overseas. Sorry I didn't mean to go off topic here.

2 washed up, one ghetto whore and Beyonce.  Kind of proves my point.

14 no offense dude but Mariah Carey may be washed up but if you think Usher is washed up you need to step into 2012. Walk into any club the guy is still huge with NEW songs. His songs are all over the place. Rihanna is also mega popular regardless of how ghetto she may be.  Beyonce isn't even remotely the chart topper that Usher and Rihanna have been the last 3-5 years so  by "2 washed up"  you'd far beter off including Beyonce than you are Usher.

These people in 2012 are much more relevant than Axl Rose in terms of chart success and pop culture so.....

The next club I walk into will be the first.  Not my scene.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Steven is such a funny fuck up 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

How do they come up with these numbers and how do they account for what they have spent/squandered or alternatively invested and increased.  The reality could be vastly different from those figures.

I have no doubt Axl has earned shit loads throughout his time but I doubt he has anything near that amount at the moment.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

can anyone point me to a thread that addresses the financials of the band? or provide the info here? i am looking for the following:

1. who owns their back catalog?
1A. if someone asks about using a song in a movie/commercial/etc., who has final say?
2. was there an equal split of their profits back in the day? (i thought i read that Axl got 40% based on songs written or something.)
3. Was the original deal with Geffen much better than the typical deal? and if so, does Axl deserve credit for that?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

no way dave grohl is worth 225 million.

Board footer